Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quickpacket Vs Datashack - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

quickpacket Vs Datashack

2»

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

No no, I was not looking for DDoS protection ;)

If I am not mistaken, I was requesting a sflow or something similar to identify attacking or attacked IP and I was told that your system was setup a way that this could not be identified. I will check my tickets as I could be mistaken and update the things once I am in the office tomorrow :)

Anyway, as I said - using your services in production. It just works.

• We plan on trying out some VPS offers via DataShack soon.

So far so good as I ordered an E3-1230 V2 and they gave me an E3-1245 V2 instead!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Both are excellent value dedicated server providers. Will they compare to something like SingleHop? No.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@cfgguy said:
    Quickpacket has strong network. NO doubt .
    But if you ever need support its only available during american business hours. Though technically you don't need their support because its completely unmanaged.

I dunno if that's accurate. I've been able to reach them as late as 3am and on any given day.

• @HostNun said:
    We plan on trying out some VPS offers via DataShack soon.

So far so good...

Spoke too soon. Absolutely terrible provider, avoid like the plague.

• @HostNun said:

It's pretty hard to avoid an infectious disease.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited February 2014

@darknyan said:
    It's pretty hard to avoid an infectious disease.

Oh yeah?

Maybe I'll start a new company called Paroxysm Host.

• @HostNun said:

I should clarify this, I spoke in anger. In honesty I can't call them a 'terrible provider' as I was never able to try the server, so really, I wouldn't know.

Long story short, the server wasn't provisioned as advertised, some parts were missing. I asked for 'IPMI' and 'SSD caching' and they said "okay", but both were absent when the server arrived. When I asked why, I was told that the former was suddenly not available and that they didn't know enough about the latter to configure it, despite being told the opposite previously.

At this point I decided to cancel and order a different server from them. They weren't able to deliver what they had advertised, so I returned the product, unused. Pretty straight forward, right? But when I asked for a refund, they refused. The strangeness of it was that I was going to put the refunded money into a different server with them, but they still refused when I told them this. They didn't have a problem with keeping my money over a server that was deployed based in false advertising and that I was never able to use.

Was it wrong of me to file a chargeback?

• I make no judgements without ticket screenshot(s). I have several servers with them and have no issues to speak of, a fluke? Maybe. But it works fine for me :)

Sorry to hear that, though, Nun.