Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double Disk Space | cPanel NOC Partner | Owned Hardware | Crissic Solutions LLC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Double Disk Space | cPanel NOC Partner | Owned Hardware | Crissic Solutions LLC

SkylarMSkylarM Member
edited February 2014 in Offers

Head Decoration

Logo

Menu

Native IPv6 | Great Support | Improved Hardware | Diverse Network

Deals

Looking for a good deal on our new powerful servers? Don't worry, we've got you covered with our latest promotion.

Plans

cPanel NOC Partner!

cPanel NOC

Crissic Solutions LLC is now an official cPanel NOC Partner! Now even our Resellers can offer discounted licenses! Click the image above for more information.

Improved Node Specs

CPU: Dual Hex Core Intel X5660 @ 2.8Ghz
Disks:12x RE4's on a H700 Raid Card w/BBU in Raid 10
RAM: 96GB

Divider

About Crissic

Crissic Solutions LLC is a fast growing hosting company based out of Springfield, Missouri. We are one of the few companies that have our own ARIN IP allocation (AS62639)

Fully Owned Hardware - All of our hardware, from our Juniper EX3200 with a 10gbit uplink, to our Intel Dual Xeon 5639's/5520's/X5560's, we own it.

Our Promise - We promise to provide all of our clients with the best level of service and the highest grade hardware that we possibly can. In fact, we are so confident that you will love our services and our amazing level of support that we offer a 10-day no-hassle money back guarantee!

Quick AUP - We do not allow IRC, Bittorrent, TOR, P2P, warez, spamming, or anything illegal in the state of Florida or within the United States of America. PRIVATE proxies are allowed. Runescape bots and gameservers are NOT allowed. Personal IRC Bouncers are Permitted. For more information check out our AUP @ https://crissic.net/aup

Looking Glass - We have a Looking Glass ready to go for all your testing needs @ http://lg.crissic.net/

Divider

ServerBear

Comments

• You guys are really coming into your own shoes. Congratulations on the new updates.

• Keep them coming. Looking forward for KVM offers.

• Nice Offers ! But I already got a KVM one from them they are amazing ! +1

• @bizzard said:
    Keep them coming. Looking forward for KVM offers.

Still debating what's next. Second location, or KVM. We have a few things in the works though!

• yeah, but i got no reply from my message to you @SkylarM hope you are miss it

• @iSky said:
    yeah, but i got no reply from my message to you SkylarM hope you are miss it

Replied. Thought I had, but guess I didn't. Sorry about that!

• @duyan13 said:
    Nice Offers ! But I already got a KVM one from them they are amazing ! +1

I also have a KVM with them and it works fine. Looking forward for KVM nodes with the spec similar to that of OpenVZ.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hey I bought One in last week (3/4 Days Ago). Won't you give me the upgrade?? :(

Oops, I can see the price has been changed :-D Sorry Then.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited February 2014

@ehostlab said:
    Oops, I can see the price has been changed :-D Sorry Then.

Yeah it's a slightly different deal than the last one. We can do one or the other.

@bizzard said:

This is something we're heavily debating at this point. I'd not feel comfortable running these nodes at thinner margins with KVM, so it would result in a pretty sizable price hike to offer it at a value that makes sense to me. We'll have to wait and see.

• No upgrade for existing vps?

@SkylarM said:
    Yeah it's a slightly different deal than the last one. We can do one or the other.

You mean either $15 Deal or this Deal ??

• And JAX01 is down for last 30 minutes?

• Well the honey moon is over: load average: 8.04, 5.46, 4.53

• It will be a great idea if you start selling SSL certificate for cheap prices too, we miss this product in your order area :/
    BTW im one of your fun client ;)

• JAX01 is down for last 5 hours now!

• @ironhide said:
    JAX01 is down for last 5 hours now!

We're probably on the same node. Not down, just some asshole slamming the server. Can't believe there isn't anything in place to automatically kill or reboot an instance that does this.

• Still Down :(

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited February 2014

The remaining containers on JAX01 are booting now, should mostly be up and running at this point. A few abusers relating to a guy attempting to send something like 10 million emails + SSH Outbound Brute attacks resulted in simultaneous crashes on two of our nodes. Some changes are being put into place to better notify us of issues, and we have our overnight tech issue handled.

Thank you for your patience, and we are very sorry for the downtime related to this incident.

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited February 2014

@SkylarM said:
    The remaining containers on JAX01 are booting now, should mostly be up and running at this point. A few abusers relating to a guy attempting to send something like 10 million emails + SSH Outbound Brute attacks resulted in simultaneous crashes on two of our nodes. Some changes are being put into place to better notify us of issues, and we have our overnight tech issue handled.

Thank you for your patience, and we are very sorry for the downtime related to this incident.

I think you are better than most around here but would appreciate more of a postmortem than that. Per your transparency policy, you have VPSMon deployed. According to their site: "VPSMon stops users from monopolizing CPU resources by automatically hard limiting their CPU availability to your specifications once abuse has been monitored and confirmed."

So I'm trying to understand what happened (more curious than anything actually).

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @iwaswrongonce said:
    So I'm trying to understand what happened (more curious than anything actually).

Of course! VPSMON is still very much so a beta, and we've found an interesting limitation with the software that we're working very closely with the developer to try and fix.

Long story short, our nodes have a higher density than the nodes they have on their end and have coded for. We utilize 2U 12 hard disk nodes with 96GB of ram, so we can get about 2-2.5 times the density of our older C1100 nodes. In essence, VPSMON breaks after a specific number of physical containers as it takes too long for the collectors to gather the data and forward to the VPSMON external system, and it just assumes that it has broken/is offline for periods at a time and doesn't properly enforce CPU or load restrictions.

As I mentioned we're working closely with the devs to try and fix VPSMON, we've just introduced some interesting scenarios that they haven't coded for, accounted for, and/or experienced thus far. A beta software will behave like a beta software :)

From the dev directly:

The processes were constantly being killed after being generated
    so they weren't getting set up fully and receiving data long enough to get into the proper state to respond rapidly
    working on a solution

Thanked by 1craigb
  • @SkylarM said:

Appreciate you putting your money where your mouth is in regards to transparency.

• Gratz.

have been with crissic for nearly half year. the uptime has been great. support is very fast and helpful. thank you, Skylar

• @kyaky said:
    Gratz.

have been with crissic for nearly half year. the uptime has been great. support is very fast and helpful. thank you, Skylar

Appreciate the kind words :)