Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How old are you? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How old are you?

Comments

• 27, will be married (again) in two weeks.

• tuxtux Member

@Aldryic said: 27, will be married (again) in two weeks.

With Pony?

Thanked by 2Mon5t3r Amfy
  • Я пони... <_<

• @aldryic mind translating?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Aldryic said: 27, will be married (again) in two weeks.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?! if you got revived 1 one time, why dying again?!

j/k

• "...I'm the Pony". Sorry, I don't know how to put the right emphasis on it in English

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2012

@netomx said: whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?! if you got revived 1 one time, why dying again?!

j/k

He somehow found a woman that's as twisted as he is, it's quite disturbing. She threatened to snip our nuts off if we show up at the wedding with a pony mask.

Francisco

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited April 2012

@Aldryic I'm the fucking Pony?

I always wanted to learn Russian since it sounds cool, but other then that I can't think of any other reasons.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

@Daniel - It's incredibly easy, imo. No articles (a, an, the), and the verb 'to be' doesn't exist at all in the present tense. You could probably just study up over weekends and be fairly fluent within a few months.

English, on the other hand, was a nightmare to learn >_<

• @Aldryic said: 27, will be married (again) in two weeks.

drmike, is that you?

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @Kairus said: drmike, is that you?

That made me laugh so hard I inhaled my scotch :(

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Aldryic said: English, on the other hand, was a nightmare to learn >_<

english, for me, it's easy. German too. French, in the other side... 6 classes of French and I can even say MY NAME IS ERNESTO. :(

@Francisco said: She threatened to snip our nuts off if we show up at the wedding with a pony mask.

OMG I wanna go to that wedding with the pony mask, I surely swear it... and someone record it please :)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited April 2012

@Aldryic Your Russian, used to it. My only language is English.

Learning another character system is probably hard, although English isn't that bad, we through all the accented characters out the window.

German should be fairly easy to learn for an English speaker, the structure of sentences is similar and words are similar too.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Aldryic said: It's incredibly easy, imo

You're joking, right? I learned Russian in high school, it was a nightmare.

That was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ... I'm 31 now

• @Daniel said: Learning another character system is probably hard, although English isn't that bad

ಠ_ಠ

At least Cyrillic characters have a single sound... read/address/bass/collect/mares... so many words I frequently mispronounce :P

• @vedran said: You're joking, right? I learned Russian in high school, it was a nightmare.

Really? O_o Very simple grammar/tense rules, and it's not a language for dancing around issues (we're pretty direct and to the point :3)... seems to me like that would be making it easier.

From a Govt. standpoint... the Military ranks Russian as a Cat.IV language in terms of difficulty. English and Mandarin are the only two Cat.V-class languages <_<

• @Daniel said: German should be fairly easy to learn for an English speaker, the structure of sentences is similar and words are similar too.

As someone who was a native German speaker, the transistion from German to English structure was difficult.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/German_grammar

• Probably due to the obsessive use of synonyms

• I love Unclopedias entry on French, so true.

• @Damian said: As someone who was a native German speaker, the transistion from German to English structure was difficult.

I studied German, and there were a lot of little annoyances with the language. They make sense logically (things like gender), but coming from english, it's odd.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Sooo.. how long till the "What's your Mother Tongue?" thread pops up..?

I'm 17 :)

• AndriAndri Member

28 here.

• ShadowShadow Member
    edited April 2012

25 here my birthday was 29/03

• fanfan Veteran

22 here :D

• kalamkalam Member

Within spitting distance of 23.

Going from American to English was a pretty hard transition, but through perseverance and determination, I was able to pull it off.

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • gianggiang Veteran

I'm 24 :D

• welcome to 27 years old club.. :P

• lbftlbft Member

@Damian said: As someone who was a native German speaker, the transistion from German to English structure was difficult.

English is, from everything I've heard, a pain to learn to pretty much everyone - it's a Germanic language with a whole heap of French-originated grammar and vocabulary, with spelling fixed before the spoken language underwent a significant shift and a tendency to borrow words from all over the place.

• @Aldryic Russian grammar is easy? What about падежи? It is terrible, believe me :)