Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

minFraud or Phone Verification ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

sandeepsandeep Member
edited February 2014 in General

Hey Guys,

I am going to open my vps service soon and I would like to ask you guys what do you think is more helpful to prevent fraudsters ?

minFraud : Geo checking, ip checking, ...
Phone Verification : / ( obviously ? )

@sandy

1. minFraud or Phone Verification ?18 votes
    1. Phone Verification
      27.78%
    2. minFraud
      72.22%

Comments

• MaxMind's minFraud. And phone verification. Use both for max. security.

• It could be that a customer has no phone at home xD ? minFraud is enough ...

• Who has no cell phone? Its bettrr I guess

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ahmiq I dont have a cell phone :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Phone Verification much better, with minFraud you will get detailed IP address information, free/normal email and if user use the proxy or not, a couple time the minFraud is failed as they send email 2 days later stating the IP was incorrectly processed and it's fraud.

• Phone may be good for larger orders such as Dedicated servers, but customers could get upset if that slowed down VPS provisioning.

MinFraud should be enough for VPS. Good luck!

• I personally always have issues with sites that use phone verification (not getting called etc) it makes me think that it's only working for people in the USA.

• We tried the phone verification and had issues with clients outside USA & Europe receiving the calls.

Now we use the minfraud and do manual calls if we are concerned about an order.

• @Infinity580 said:
    ahmiq I dont have a cell phone :)

like for real?

• by phone we mean , sms verification or call?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I don't have a cell phone. I have a smart phone. :D

• Alright guys ! Thank You for your opinions ... The result is clear I think ...

• Well, personally I wouldn't share my phone number with any VPS provider. I already get shitloads of spam, and don't want to increase that amount.