Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox Not Happening Anymore. Agree?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox Not Happening Anymore. Agree?

upfreakupfreak Member
edited April 2012 in General

I personally have lost the urge to check LEB these days. LET is more catching up on offers and it serves the average customer better than a dead noticeboard which updates once in a fortnight with offers already well known. I feel that there are too many filters!!! in place which already makes the site too dull. I just want to know if other users feel the same as me or its me getting grumpy!! Consider this as a poll and voice your opinions. I am not calling for action or putting anyone up / down. Just keeping my ears open for comments. Thanks

Comments

• Same here

I only look at LET for offers, or on WHT ofcourse

Thanked by 1vemacs
  • @peppr said: lost the urge to check LEB these days

I lost the urge a couple months ago, and provider submitted offers don't interest me anymore unless it is a 1st time submission. I've bought 1 VPS in the past year, a RocketVPS, why wasn't that listed? If I could find it on my own, surely the editors could have.

• LEB Is filled with boring repetitive offers. I stick to WHT VPS Offers forum (where LEA used to find a lot of deals) and LET Offers section.

• fanfan Veteran

@miTgiB said: RocketVPS

Knownhost just launched that brand for a month or two, I think. Even their lowest plan doesn't fit into the LEB criteria so I guess they probably may never be listed on LEB.

• @fan said: Even their lowest plan doesn't fit into the LEB criteria so I guess they probably may never be listed on LEB.

With the 50% off for life coupon I used $5 for a 512mb VPS sure does qualify.

• fanfan Veteran

@miTgiB said: With the 50% off for life coupon I used $5 for a 512mb VPS sure does qualify.

I got that too, but isn't the $5 one a 256mb box?

• New post at LEB.. "run!"

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @yomero said: New post at LEB.. "run!"

Yeah, and it's for AlienVPS... who cares about quality?

Thanked by 2DeletedUser netomx
  • fanfan Veteran

@yomero said: New post at LEB.. "run!"

AlienVPS......

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Mine must have been missed again!!?? , scraping the barrel with Alienvps

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @DotVPS said: I'd much rather see yours than alienVPS they're just trying to copy pony :Facepalm:

+1

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • ztecztec Member

Yep, lost the urge basically when ''Chief'' showed up, LowEndTalk isn't my most visited site any more. I just check every week for 5 minutes now, it's just not as addicting as it was before.

Hope someone starts something fresh on this subject.
    Just read they let a 14 year old moderate this forum btw, that might be fun to watch.
    No offense.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Yeah I haven't really gotten on LEB for a long time now.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@ztec said: Just read they let a 14 year old moderate this forum btw, that might be fun to watch.

Do you have any useful feedback on my moderation apart from stating that I'm 14 years old? Had I not mentioned my age, I'm sure you would not have noticed any difference.

There are other moderators too and Chief can see all of my actions.

@ztec said: No offense.

Just like saying: You're an idiot, no offense.

@liam said: joel is never around

He does actually do a fair bit of moderation behind the scenes.

EDIT: It's not like it's top secret that I'm 14 years old, some people here have known me since I was 12-13.

Thanked by 2DanielM TheHackBox
  • LAKidLAKid Member

LEB is charging same Ad rate as if it is active, the fact is LEB is dead, but they are still charging same price, which is a scam. How in the world LEB can charge Ad rate as if it's active, it's been dead for a long time....

• LEA needs to make a return. LEB isnt the same. and its just gone down the drain :(

• flyfly Member

i sent an email to joel for writer application and never got a response.

• laaevlaaev Member

I'm sure things will go back to normal soon and might even grow to be better and stronger than ever, things like this do not happen overnight :)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @fan said: isn't the $5 one a 256mb box?

Yeah, the 256/512 deal

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@LAKid said: LEB is charging same Ad rate as if it is active, the fact is LEB is dead, but they are still charging same price, which is a scam. How in the world LEB can charge Ad rate as if it's active, it's been dead for a long time....

someone is smelling ban

• LAKidLAKid Member

If they're going to ban me, fine, but the truth hurts, isn't it?