Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60 days review of INIZ.com (edited) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

60 days review of INIZ.com (edited)

2»

Comments

• @serverian said:
    Is he dead, yet guys?

unfortunately, he isn't. and he won't, as well.

• I'm not dead (yet), using my time to edit all reviews on my site to the new 1 to 10 point system, also removing some recommended comments from companies that do not deserve it anymore.

• What a BS review, atleast let the service run for 6 months and then review it, next we'll start having 1 day service reviews!

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

@asterisk14 said:
    next we'll start having 1 day service reviews!

Look at GreenValueHost, many getting mad because server is not ready in a few hours.

• @asterisk14 said:
    What a BS review, atleast let the service run for 6 months and then review it, next we'll start having 1 day service reviews!

You have probably don't seen all the reviews on the review part on LET?
    Most reviews is not written after 6 months. Do anybody use a bad host for 6 months before they write anything? Or the same with a good host, why don't share it with others after a month or two?

I have checked the first page of the review forum here at LET, at any thread marked as review, and this is the result:

• 3 weeks
    • unknown
    • 2 days
    • 9 days
    • 8 months
    • 7 months
    • 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 18 month (my Prometeus review)
    • 2 months
    • a few months

I have written three 18 months reviews the last month, but two of the hosts is not LET/LEB hosts (KnownHost.com and SolaDrive.com). I have written one 8 month review, and several 9 months reviews. But I also make reviews after around 30 days.

painfreepc said: Look at GreenValueHost, many getting mad because server is not ready in a few hours.

I really don't hope you think I wrote a bad review of INIZ, it was not. I will not give them 10 of 10, the only host I use that deserve that is Prometeus that I have used for 18 months+.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

@ myhken

my comment is only about the "1 day service reviews" statement by asterisk14

in my opinion that is what was happening to GreenValueHost - 3,4,5, 24 hour service reviews.

don't have a problem with your review of INIZ, you fixed it, it's now OK.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @painfreepc Good to hear, I really have taken most of the feedbacks in this thread and changed my entire review site, and will never use my old "star system" again. And will not give less points for not using support. But I reserve the right to not give more then 8 of 10 points for host not giving the little extra like Prometeus does. Only stupid to give 12 of 10 points to a so good host.

• Create a category called extras and rate it too? :)

• Any feedback on my new rating system, and my explanations of the points I give:

• 10 of 10: A excellent host that give lots more then you ever expect.
    • 9 of 10: A excellent host, perfect
    • 8 of 10: A really good host, not quite perfect
    • 7 of 10: A good host, some flaws in the system
    • 6 of 10: A good host, do most thing rights
    • 5 of 10: A average host, not bad, but not very good.
    • 4 of 10: Beyond average, not the worst host
    • 3 of 10: Hmm...do you want to use this host?
    • 2 of 10: A very bad host, stay away
    • 1 of 10: Host? No, this is not a host. Don't open their website, stay far far away.

Do it sound right?

• serverianserverian Member
    edited February 2014

/me checks myhken's blog for backupsy rating

• Posted in 8 of 10 points :(

• @serverian said:
    Posted in 8 of 10 points :(

Yea, you suck big time... :D
    But now as I have 5 servers with you, at two location, maybe my next review (in two months time ;) ) will be better. ;) Just give me $100, free servers for life, a house in Miami and a yacht.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

serverian said: checks myhken's blog for backupsy rating

I think we need to throw in a Fliphost or two there as well

Thanked by 1myhken
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2014

It's all very personal and emotive. You need to remove that. Ok for a 3 line review of personal experience but for a review site which is what you run it should be less detailed.

Perhaps your scale is too wide, for example on a scale of 1-10 you would need to assume that 5 is meeting expectation. So if you rate up time over say a month where the provider offers 99.99% and this exactly what you got this month then 5 it is, all they did was meet expectation so you can't give them a lower or higher score.

If they delivered 100% then it's only marginally better than what is promised, so how do you justify a big jump from 5 to 10 for providing 100% up time? But then how can you not as they can't deliver any more than 100%.

Maybe the scale should be:

1 - Significantly below expectation

2 - Below expectation

3 - Meets Expectation

4 - Exceeded expectation

5 - Significantly exceeded expectation

So, back to the up time example. It would be a 3 for delivering 99.99%. 4 for 100%. There is no 5 available in this example, however if they offer 98% and deliver that could be a 3, 99% would be a 4 and 100% a 5.

If they offer a 30 minute response times to tickets and take 30-45 mins you may class that as a 3, 45-90 mins a 2 and above 90 mins a 1

That then narrows the subjective element where as with a scale of 1-10 that is going to be much more difficult.

You need to measure on what a host says they will deliver, not on what you think they should. So if it is unmanaged and you ask a question like "can you check why mysql is not working on my VPS" you can't mark them 2 because they said no. But you can mark them 4 if they said yes and 5 if they fixed it and told you what was wrong and suggested what else you could do.

Can you tell I am not busy..? :)

Thanked by 1myhken
  • I should really do a review of iniz... been with em for 1 year and 1 month and 3 days today.

Thanked by 1myhken