Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosts with Vlan or Firewall
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosts with Vlan or Firewall

I am wondering if there are any LEB (or budget dedicated) hosts that offer Vlan networking or some sort of cloud based firewall similar to how openstack and aws have it setup. Hate having to manage ip table rules and so on. But all the rules i need are basic.

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited February 2014

Go for iwStack.com, there you can create your own Vlan, and to LEB prices :D

• We offer a VLAN (VXLAN) with each CloudVM instance to LEB prices.

• @wojons said:
    I am wondering if there are any LEB (or budget dedicated) hosts that offer Vlan networking or some sort of cloud based firewall similar to how openstack and aws have it setup. Hate having to manage ip table rules and so on. But all the rules i need are basic.

What trouble are you running into with IPTables?

If you do not like manipulating IPTables via commandline or config file, webmin offers a nice GUI frontend for IPTables making it simple, yet powerful when you need it.

• wojonswojons Member
    edited February 2014

@leckley said:
    If you do not like manipulating IPTables via commandline or config file, webmin offers a nice GUI frontend for IPTables making it simple, yet powerful when you need it.

I have locked my self out a few times by mistake for not being careful with iptables. At least with a web interface its fixable or hardrestable. I used webmin for years and all. I guess just have a lot of machines and teired of it.

@fileMEDIA said:
    We offer a VLAN (VXLAN) with each CloudVM instance to LEB prices.

what type of hosting are you going after not sure if its media since its in ur name and is it limited to the same server or can it be across a few.

@fileMEDIA said:
    We offer a VLAN (VXLAN) with each CloudVM instance to LEB prices.

thanks i will check them out now.

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited February 2014

@fileMEDIA is this new?
    I checked your website last week and just saw VPS :O looks quite nice, gonna give this one a shot.

Got an API to deploy Boxes? I would like to integrate Cloud VMs to my webapp.

And any upcoming promotional offers? :P

Ah, and is it the "pay as you go" concept? Like i can switch off a CloudVM and then save a lot of money?

• Yes it's new, our CloudVM is something between a really cloud and vps offers. It using both advantages and combine it. It isn't "pay as you go", we call it "pay as you need". Our CloudVMs are paid as normal VPSs but you can do every time to increase and decrease your resources as you need. If you decrease it, it will be cheaper and the change will be refunded to your balance automatically.

Rest API is nearly done. But we need two or three weeks for security testing. We'll release it in 4 weeks.

Promotional offers coming soon, but we sold all CloudVM SSD plans within 2 hours, only HDD is available yet :)

• @fileMEDIA said:
    Yes it's new, our CloudVM is something between a really cloud and vps offers. It using both advantages and combine it. It isn't "pay as you go", we call it "pay as you need". Our CloudVMs are paid as normal VPSs but you can do every time to increase and decrease your resources as you need. If you decrease it, it will be cheaper and the change will be refunded to your balance automatically.

Rest API is nearly done. But we need two or three weeks for security testing. We'll release it in 4 weeks.

Promotional offers coming soon, but we sold all CloudVM SSD plans within 2 hours, only HDD is available yet :)

sounds amazing and also sounds like someone needs to get more SSD pronto if u can clear house in 2 hours you have ur self a winner.

• SSDs already ordered. But needs a few days for shipping and for the setup. Each node must be done a 7 day stress test too.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

IWStack offers full cloudstack API and UI.

• @wojons - Yomura has this on a few brands, we've been toying with this for Delimiter. If you PM me I'll give you more info

• @MarkTurner said:
    wojons - Yomura has this on a few brands, we've been toying with this for Delimiter. If you PM me I'll give you more info

done

Thanked by 1jeffreywinters