Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Broadcaster Software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Open Broadcaster Software

any one runnin this software in a vps

Comments

• Do they have some sort of server client? I have it and it works good for videocapture/streaming on your computer.

• can u skype me cpilecki07

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited January 2014

Rissa said: can u skype me cpilecki07

No thanks...

Again OBS is a desktop client used for video cap/streaming. Unless they have a server version I dont know about.

I am not really sure why you posted on my wall either.

i wanna know how u do ir what do u use do have a windows vps

• @Rissa said:
    can u skype me cpilecki07

Just no. Any help you receive should be for public record and assist the next traveller by google in the future. Any information here is not your private consultation.

• ok sorry

• Don't think this would even work without some kind of graphics chip and most VPS don't have that. I could understand why you may want to do it if you say had a live stream with a countdown page.. but that's what HTML is for.

• There are several use cases perhaps you are looking for OP

1) Encoding
    2) User is sending upstream to a VM that needs to distribute it to more than one ingress server / streams

Though OBS does not do this.

Anything else such as a stream delay, assets, etc can be done with the program deskside.

• @HC_Ro said:
    There are several use cases perhaps you are looking for OP

1) Encoding
    2) User is sending upstream to a VM that needs to distribute it to more than one ingress server / streams

Though OBS does not do this.

Anything else such as a stream delay, assets, etc can be done with the program deskside.

Do you have a link to this software? I googled but came up with nothing. I'm looking to stream to one server which then distributes that stream to 2 ingress servers as I don't have the bandwith for 2 multi streams

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited February 2014

Yes OBS can be ran in a Xen vps as it's the only one that supports directx. But you configure a rtmp server to send the feed to another to create a CDN type setup.

• @rldowling03 said:
    Do you have a link to this software? I googled but came up with nothing. I'm looking to stream to one server which then distributes that stream to 2 ingress servers as I don't have the bandwith for 2 multi streams

i want to do it 2

@PcJamesy said:

Yes OBS can be ran in a Xen vps as it's the only one that supports directx. But you configure a rtmp server to send the feed to another to create a CDN type setup.

thanks for the info