Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server with Windows (I have the licence) ~$60 budget - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server with Windows (I have the licence) ~$60 budget

2»

Comments

• rmlhhd said: How much RAM?

I'm guessing 128KB :P. Unless the CPU is crazily oversold.

• I ended up getting a dedi from kimsufi/OVH with an i5 and 16GB RAM, installing proxmox now

• Did you check our Destock Servers?

IKX-G620 (Intel Pentium G620 - 8 GB DDR3 - 250 GB SATA for 29,99€/mo)

IKX-Core i3 (Intel Core i3 2100T HT - 8 GB DDR3 - 500 GB SATA for 39,99€/mo)

• I sent you a PM.

• joodle said: I ended up getting a dedi from kimsufi/OVH with an i5 and 16GB RAM, installing proxmox now

Mind sharing some benchmarks with me? I was planning on getting one myself, but I've heard they have horrible IO, is that valid for you?

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Mind sharing some benchmarks with me? I was planning on getting one myself, but I've heard they have horrible IO, is that valid for you?

Sure,

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.92499 s, 120 MB/s

Thanked by 1dhamaniasad
  • @joodle said:
    Already tried to contact Harry on Skype, but haven't got an answer yet

I'm not sales :( - that's what our sales team is for, but ok mostly still goes back to me. I was asleep. Great to see that you've gotten a server anyway.

@DalComp said:
    FlipHost's Black Friday is still active, Dual L5520, 24GB RAM for $49/mo. Though check first with them if they have one ready to deploy.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/17455/fliphost-black-friday-special-49-l5520-24gb-ram

Thanks. Enabled stock after getting a new set. Preparing to mass provision it all again soon.

• Pfff, i can't get networking to work on my Windows VM. Also, the new Kimsufi manager sucks... Doesn't have as many options as the old manager

• VPNVPN Member

@joodle does your nic handle have anything at the of it after a '-' ? If nor you should be able to use the old manager with it.

• @OkieDoke said:
    joodle does your nic handle have anything at the of it after a '-' ? If nor you should be able to use the old manager with it.

Yes it does, and i already tried it. But no servers are shown in the old manager v3

• VPNVPN Member

Ah that sucks. When I got our SoYouStart server I tried using the v5 manager as per the email from OVH and it didn't work.

Got told by them on the phone its because the nic handle has -sys at the end so can only be used on the SYS control panel. He said that if it was the standard nic handle format (LL#####) then I'd be able to use the new web manager or the v5 manager.

If you have like -kim or something along those lines on the end then that'll be why you have to use the rubbish Kimsufi manager.

I really like the SYS manager, does everything I need; reboots, reinstalls, rDNS. Also shows me interventions by OVH like hard reboots and component replacements.

• managerv3 is this the old manager or new? i got a server there and im planning to install windows on it.