Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vps with 500mhz cpu
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps with 500mhz cpu

ziditzidit Member

Hi all folks

I have vps in Asian country that allocate only 500mhz cpu. when traffic high enough, vps continue to produce load 5+ and website loading is very slow. VPS provider do not have option to upgrade (they only force me to upgrade to dedicated)

So the question is. Is it possible to order another vps for help load? Do any other way to help load for my current vps in this case? please give me some idea :)

thank you
zidit

Comments

• How much are you paying for 500Mhz? This really is nothing compared to today's VPS offerings.

• @mikeg $18/mo but i need it because of unique location.

• You can try separate mysql to another location, mirror images , or CDN solution

• @zidit said:
    Hi all folks

I have vps in Asian country that allocate only 500mhz cpu. when traffic high enough, vps continue to produce load 5+ and website loading is very slow. VPS provider do not have option to upgrade (they only force me to upgrade to dedicated)

So the question is. Is it possible to order another vps for help load? Do any other way to help load for my current vps in this case? please give me some idea :)

thank you
    zidit

Did you try caching your website?

• zidit said: @mikeg $18/mo but i need it because of unique location.

That is a pitty. Is there another provider you can use in Asia? You will have trouble running anything on 500Mhz. Who is the provider? It seems odd that they are not willing to upgrade you at all.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

What kind of virtualization this? OpenVz, XEN, etc?

Try to caching your site, or simply search an other VPS for the website, and use this VPS as reverse proxy.

• @zidit said:
    Hi all folks

thank you
    zidit

Definitely look at caching. You could reduce load to the actual webserver using something like Cloudflare.

If you really want to stay with the provider you may consider load balancing across multiple instances. Although not perfect, even round robin dns entries could help.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

zidit said: unique location

What's the location? Just curious :)

• @Jylee I guess Antarctica. :)

• @mikeg said:

Look at my signature. 500MHz is an amazing speed. More than enough to run Wolfenstein 3D. :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@pbalazs123 said:

You are joking but I actually did that, on a 386 SX20, though, 120 MB ESDI MCA and 4 MB RAM, a real beast, even run Linux :)

• Thank you for all comment. So in the sum, method are offload mysql, caching, CDN, load balance. I will try to research more.

@Jylee Malaysia
    @charlie Openvz

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited January 2014

@zidit said:
    Thank you for all comment. So in the sum, method are offload mysql, caching, CDN, load balance. I will try to research more.

Jylee Malaysia
    charlie Openvz

why don't you get a vps @ Singapore? The ping are pretty low and the servers would probably be cheaper and with higher bandwidth at there.

There's some providers at here(@Terafire) or DigitalOcean if you can wait.

or India if you want to be more cost efficient but higher latency.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@zidit
    I've seen many Malaysia VPS providers...

• $18 / month for 500Mhz CPU? You're getting ripped! There are many providers out there that have much greater performance for far less money.

• @gforcezach said:
    $18 / month for 500Mhz CPU? You're getting ripped! There are many providers out there that have much greater performance for far less money.

Please read what OP has posted before replying....

• Has anyone have experience with vpsplaza.net?