Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monitoring SW (that can run on a LEB)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Monitoring SW (that can run on a LEB)

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited March 2012 in Help

I would like to monitor my VPSes - ideally from a pair of LEBs, with something that produces pretty graphs, a dashboard, and email alerts.

Munin? others? LEB in this case mean 128/256 OvZ.

Comments

• mon.itor.us does internal monitoring too, using their dashboard.
    free and email alerts included et al.

• Both Observium and Cacti are installed on my LEB for Monitoring purpose. Right now I prefer Observium for it's nice UI.

I used Munin before but found too CPU intensive for a LEB especially while monitoring multiple boxes. You can use CGI Graph strategy to lower CPU usage. But my experience shows both Observium and Cacti are way friendlier to LEB compared to Munin.

• this. I use it on a Secure Dragon OpenVZ with 96Mb ram to monitor 10+ server, and it's just one of the many services i run on that box. LEB friendly and definitely not CPU intensive

• nocomnocom Member

Munin -128/256 OvZ with 9 plugins w/o problem and Pingdom - Uptime reports
    Response time reports Email, text & twitter alerts Multiple check locations Error analysis Public and email reports
    Check resolution:1min, phone alert for downtime, detailed report with traceroute and dns health tool from website

• I run munin on all of my VPS containers. The munin master process runs on a server that doesn't do much else.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • +1 for munin to, run it also on a few servers, and at home...

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited April 2012

I also run it on all of my VPSs.

• +1 for munin too