Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for providers to mine cryptocoin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for providers to mine cryptocoin

Hello,

I know there was an old topic for this, but it was polluted big time and I need recent offers and confirmations from providers. If you're a provider allowing cryptocoin mining (either CPU or GPU), please post me some offers. I don't want to abuse or anything or do it secretly, hence this topic. Hope someone can help me out cheaper than AWS or Azure.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• gkzgkz Member

The only one that allowing using CPU core is only drserver. But for GPU, it seems like I never saw any offer in here.

• You would be better looking at GPU based offerings, but I have never seen any posted in LET/LEB.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi, there. We are introducing later next month gpu vps servers based on nvidia cuda cards. They will not be LEB priced. For Leb pricing i can offer you dedicated thread of L5639 for 6.5 usd per month.

Thanked by 2gkz djvdorp
  • gkzgkz Member

What VGA Card do you use? And how it work? If 1 dedicated server using 1 VGA Card, and more than 10 vps using it for mining, what is the performance of it?

edited January 2014

Hi. Cards are multicore. You are pinned to specific core. This system is not designed for mining but you can mine with it.

if you wish to try dedicated core system i can set you up test enviroment where you can see if mining is paying back.

More about topic:
    http://blogs.citrix.com/2013/12/11/true-hardware-gpu-sharing-arrives/

• drserver said: if you wish to try dedicated core system i can set you up test envitoment where you can see if mining is paying back.

Sounds interesting, can you hit me up?
    Also, is it possible to try the CPU mining plan you mentioned above?

• Just FYI nVidia (proper spelling) graphics cards esp. CUDA are useless for mining due to the way they are designed. This is why AMD cards have been selling out and inflated by miners and nVidia cards untouched.

• Wouldnt all KVM or Xen HVM providers allow full 100% usage of your dedicated cores for eg mining?

• @djvdorp said:
    Wouldnt all KVM or Xen HVM providers allow full 100% usage of your dedicated cores for eg mining?

Not at LEB pricing, no. Apart from drserver via AbusiveCores.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2014

djvdorp said: Wouldnt all KVM or Xen HVM providers allow full 100% usage of your dedicated cores for eg mining?

Thing is, at LEB prices you don't have any "dedicated cores" to begin with, not even one.
    It's all shared. And when signing up for "AbusiveCores" or some similar provider, keep in mind that several other people will likely compete with you for the same CPU core(s), it's still shared, but now the CPU "free for all" to use 100% 24x7, so yay, everyone does just that, multiple people trying to use every core to 100% each... Nothing wrong with that, just don't expect stellar performance.

• fapvpsfapvps Member
    edited January 2014

@rm_ said:
    It's all shared. And when signing up for "AbusiveCores" or some similar provider, keep in mind that several other people will likely compete with you for the same CPU core(s), it's still shared, but now the CPU "free for all" to use 100% 24x7, so yay, everyone does just that, multiple people trying to use every core to 100% each... Nothing wrong with that, just don't expect stellar performance.

Not exactly, AbusiveCores pins a thread (There are 2 threads to each core with HT) and no one else uses that thread except the VPS it is pinned to. Depending on the application this can be good if the 2 people that are sharing a core use it for say...a high traffic wordpress site. If both are using it to mine crypto or do heavy crunching of any kind HT is not very efficient so the performance will be less that of a completely dedicated physical core. On a dual 5639 only 24 vps can fit with pinned threads or 12 with pinned cores.

EDIT: It is a waste of money to mine crypto using CPU cores.

edited January 2014

fapvps said: AbusiveCores pins a thread (There are 2 threads to each core with HT) and no one else uses that thread except the VPS it is pinned to.

So they have no more than, say, 16 or 24 VPSes per physical server, and that's at LEB prices too?

Also yes, HT threads are not real cores, depending on what your counterpart HT thread is doing, the performance could vary quite a bit.

fapvps said: EDIT: It is a waste of money to mine crypto using CPU cores.

Well perhaps people looking for a mining VPS hope for a full dedicated core for $15/year.

• @rm_ said:

If they say they are dedicating a thread (pinning) then they cant have more than 24 vpses on a dual 5639 node. Getting a dedicated thread for $15/year is out of the question.

• rm_ said: So they have no more than, say, 16 or 24 VPSes per physical server, and that's at LEB prices too?

Yes, they have 24 VPSes per server. 24 x $5.5 = $132/month per server, which is a good enough income to be profitable if you buy such a server yourself and colo it. The L5639 used to be decently priced on the second hand market, however now the prices have gone way up due to the mining frenzy.

Abusive cores was not designed to be mining platform. In average there is 15-18 users per node. Profit is little higher than mentioned above. Tread performance is always between 250 and 350 unix bench score. That is comparable to atom dedicated servers.

We operate few E5649 nodes, unix bench is around 450-550. Also we have testing dual Opteron 6272 node, however for some reason unix bench was showing less than 200 score.

Thanked by 1DeftNerd
  • fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited January 2014

rds100 said: Yes, they have 24 VPSes per server. 24 x $5.5 = $132/month per server, which is a good enough income to be profitable if you buy such a server yourself and colo it.

Energy costs are important. In germany with >23 cent, no way. >200€ are only energy costs for 100W per year.

In Europe that kind of plan is not possible for that amount. I had tested every way possible. Conclusion was that hosting is way more expensive in Europe. Simply not possible.

• Wouldn't it be cost effective mining wise to just get a dedicated server though?

• Mining dogecoin now is useless, it was pretty nice a few weeks back when you could make 50k a day.

• @drserver said:
    Hi, there. We are introducing later next month gpu vps servers based on nvidia cuda cards. They will not be LEB priced. For Leb pricing i can offer you dedicated thread of L5639 for 6.5 usd per month.

Yeah what he said:

@concerto49 said:
    Just FYI nVidia (proper spelling) graphics cards esp. CUDA are useless for mining due to the way they are designed. This is why AMD cards have been selling out and inflated by miners and nVidia cards untouched.

Do some basic research before launching your service. AMD is the way to go. Multi-gpu systems are the way to go. Some cards are better than others. Find out which ones.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am throttling all miners I discover as a result of alarms as a courtesy. A shared environment is not suitable for this kind of usage and it is specifically forbidden in ToS/AUP. Not to mention CPU compared with GPU mining...
    Suspending, though, is counter-productive as some people add the miner to existing services and would bring those down if I suspend it, therefore throttling is a better option. They get the message, most of the time, but there are always those that demand dedicated cores and try to pull a chargeback (significantly not as described), which, obviously, will not work.
    We still have some because there is so much idle CPU and 1-2 miners will not lock enough cores to bring the load too close to 80% and raise the alarm, but, sooner or later it will happen.

Thanked by 1gkz
  • Lol, mining on a CPU is pointless anyway. And mining on shared cores... probably the best they can get is 2 Khash/s?

Like other said, best getting a GPU and mining. Even an Nvidia GPU can outperform CPUs by light-years.

• Well you can use common sense to think about it.

If any prodiver would have a server that can be used to mine coins profitable he/she would use it his/her self.

Simple like that.

All other offers are - well - build to get rich by others greed.

Or would anyone offer a server for 50$ a month which is able to mine 100$ a month?

edited January 2014

NateN34 said: Lol, mining on a CPU is pointless anyway. And mining on shared cores... probably the best they can get is 2 Khash/s?

Not all mining is "Khash/s", there's also "chains/day", and "shares/minute". But at least the former is not currently profitable either, not sure about the latter.

wlanboy said: Or would anyone offer a server for 50$ a month which is able to mine 100$ a month?

Sure they would: can you imagine someone like OVH or Hetzner saying "screw it, we're getting out of the dedi business, going to mine cryptocoins instead". Nope, they are not looking at "how much can they mine", but rather at the usual ROI/expenses/profit estimates when deciding their pricing.

Of course doesn't stop anyone working internally from getting wind of when new shipment of servers gets installed and put in stock, and then instantly buying all up before the general public gets a chance to -- but I doubt even that ever happens.

edited January 2014

Abdussamad said: Do some basic research before launching your service. AMD is the way to go. Multi-gpu systems are the way to go. Some cards are better than others. Find out which ones.

>

This service will not be launch for miners as i have said before. It will give superfast video encoding and 3d rendering desktop. Take look here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/grid-boards.html

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @wlanboy said:
    Well you can use common sense to think about it.

If any prodiver would have a server that can be used to mine coins profitable he/she would use it his/her self.

Or would anyone offer a server for 50$ a month which is able to mine 100$ a month?

I don't think that's how it works. The core business of those selling servers here is to sell servers, not to mine. If mining is their core business then that's their focus.

To put it in perspective: would anyone offer a server for $50 a month which is able to be sold as VPS altogether for a $100 a month? Same idea right? Yet people offer servers to VPS providers.