Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syncing files with my android device - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Syncing files with my android device

2»

Comments

• @painfreepc said:
    Please do tell me how someone will guest YOUR BTSync Key "AAZ32HDNAR4TUFWPQKIVEKFDUOISVHVWR"

I didn't mean targeted at one person. I mean randomly "guessing". Automated, maybe. I don't know the software that well, but I believe there is nothing that'll prevent brute forcing keys.

• @painfreepc said:
    Please do tell me how someone will guest YOUR BTSync Key "AAZ32HDNAR4TUFWPQKIVEKFDUOISVHVWR"

It's called brute-force search.

• "BTK-7XSHTX-4VA5RU-CU2QD6-ACYIMJ-JPNQLY"

same key, in your head this may look more secure.

• Thanks for all your suggestions! I think FolderSync with SFTP/FTP is the best solution for me, as my backup vps already runs a FTP server. BitSync is nearly the same and I don't see any advantages for me.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@trexos FTP and backup vps? shame you serius.

You don't want to put your data on google but you send it via FTP?

• @Infinity580 said:
    trexos FTP and backup vps? shame you serius.

You don't want to put your data on google but you send it via FTP?

Well, i know but these are encrypted backups. I will change it to sftp as soon as I have time though.

• Anyone thinking that the BTSync keys can be bruteforced within a reasonable timespan doesn't know anything about cryptography or number theory.

• Well I don't know about android devices, but on iPhones when you plug it into the computer and go to it's file system via Computer on windows it shows you all the photos on the phone, if you don't want it on the internet you could just store them locally like that instead of setting up a server or anything

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

moved

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited February 2014

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Anyone thinking that the BTSync keys can be bruteforced within a reasonable timespan doesn't know anything about cryptography or number theory.

Indeed, because it's all a matter of probability. Even the first guess can be a success. :-)