Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Servers, or Virtual Dedicated Servers, for Cloud Deployment Testing Purposes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Servers, or Virtual Dedicated Servers, for Cloud Deployment Testing Purposes

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I want to test a cloud deployment that's going to be based on KVM virtualization.
I need some servers to test it on, and I don't need any premium dedicated servers ofr the purpose.

Looking for some cheap dedicated servers, each with a /29 or /28 included, hardware virtualization support, preferably 60-128GB SSDs or small disks, the faster the better.

I'll also need it a way to do reinstalls myself, or IPMI, or something. In this way, if I screw up, I can reinstall it.

If there is such thing as a Virtual Dedicated Server I can use for testing, instead of a dedi, would be great, since it's cheaper, but if I can get a dedicated server for a similar price would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Facepalm.. No such thing as a 'Virtual Dedicated Server' it's usually just a VPS.

• Actually a VPS used to be called a VDS, or virtual dedicated server. That's a rather old term though.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@jeffreywinters Technically they are offered, usually just large KVM server that made from half of a dedicated server. The term does exist though

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@jeffreywinters said:
    Facepalm.. No such thing as a 'Virtual Dedicated Server' it's usually just a VPS.

I see this and I raise you a dedicated server wrapped in virtualization.

It is what you call it :)

Btw I recommend online.net E3 at barely over $30/m for easy quick installs + iLO.

• @Fliphost said:
    jeffreywinters Technically they are offered, usually just large KVM server that made from half of a dedicated server. The term does exist though

Yeah and thus the. "It's usually just a VPS"

@jarland said:
    Btw I recommend online.net E3 at barely over $30/m for easy quick installs + iLO.

+1 or a DelimiterVPS