Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Use Internet on another PC using LAN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Use Internet on another PC using LAN

Hi,

I have connected my main pc using a USB dongle and I need to share that internet via LAN cable. I did connected both and tried various tech but it doesnt work.

After it get worked i need to use that on my Xbox one ? Any ideas how to do that?

Comments

• Ah, I remember doing this back in the days of online gaming using a PS2.

Internet bridge and a crossover cable, unless one of your ethernet devices is auto-sensing (I think that's what it's called).

What've you tried so far?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If its a Windows pc, he thing you are looking for is "internet sharing" guide is straight-forward.
    You need a switch that you connect your equipment to and set the other pc and xbox to receive an IP by DHCP.
    Profit!

• I have connected a crossover cable and configured all things and made it worked on my laptop now.

When I did the same over to my xbox one. It is now atleast saying am connected to intenet but I cant do any thing over there now.

• Can you not connect the PC and XB1 via lan and bridge the two connections?

Make sure it's picking up DNS servers on the XB1?

• @krs360 said:
    Can you not connect the PC and XB1 via lan and bridge the two connections?

Make sure it's picking up DNS servers on the XB1?

Both seems to be connected good now, just the internet is not being shared now. I am using USB dongle for internet. Any one can check this via Team Viewer?

• @krs360 @ElliotJ @krs360

Cool guys, finally my xbox connected and detailed statistics shows i have average speed.

But The Nat type : moderate which is now causing many issue like not allowing to use many feature. Any idea how to change that ?