Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS - Waiting for offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS - Waiting for offers

gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
edited March 2012 in Offers

Hi

I'm looking for VPS machines in following localizations:

• USA (west coast)
  • USA (east coast)
  • south-east Europe/middle east
  • Asia/Australia

Required parameters:

• Debian 6 64bit
  • 256MB RAM
  • 5GB HDD
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • 1 IPv6 address or IPv6 capable (via HE.NET tunnel)
  • 250-500GB transfer/month (was 1TB)

Please provide quotes only for mentioned parameters :)

Thanks

Comments

• What's your intended use? Private VPN, public VPN, warez hosting, web hosting, backups, etc... Hosts allow/disallow different things in their networks.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

I'm planning to use it only for DNS.

• 1TB is enormous amount of bandwidth for a DNS server :)

• nocomnocom Member

How much VPS machines you want?1, 5, 20, 5 with different location.

Right now one in each location, after few months probably another one (total 2 per location).

@rds100 Beside DNS traffic I need to include background sync of DNS zones data

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

If your DNS system is complex enough that you'll use 1tb of transfer per month, you should be looking for dedicated servers.

I don't need "dedi" for DNS software which I use, VPS is enough. I prefer to have more transfer available than I need :)

• AsimAsim Member
    edited March 2012

@gbshouse I have 4000+ zones for my customers and they are on 4 128MB XEN PV, KVM etc using less then 100G per month including background sync, rsync backups, snmp traffic and such

many hosts may not be able to offer you the specs because they dont offer 1TB bandwidth, please reconsider

Thanked by 1Damian
  • Indeed, we're hosting 400 zones over 13 nodes, all of which are various levels of OpenVZ, and they're each using less than 10 gigabytes per month apiece with ndc sync, backups, munin traffic, etc.

@gbshouse must have a pretty heavy duty client base to warrant 1 TB of traffic, which would be better served by a dedicated server.

Thanked by 1Asim

@Asim OK OK - I'll update spec

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @gbshouse said: OK OK - I'll update spec

Excellent! With your updated bandwidth requirement, any of these companies will be able to meet your demands: http://www.lowendbox.com/

@liam - I'm using EDIS in Europe, but they offer only one location in USA and none in south-east Europe/middle east/Asia
    @Damian - I'm looking for a company which provide as many locations as possible and has some good reviews

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

gbshouse for USA locations I'd suggest looking at bluevm. That appears to be a well run company with a helpful owner / staff.

• @httpzoom said: gbshouse for USA locations I'd suggest looking at bluevm. That appears to be a well run company with a helpful owner / staff.

I can also + 1 that.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited March 2012

@gbshouse said: I'm looking for VPS machines in following localizations:

USA (west coast)

USA (east coast)
    south-east Europe/middle east
    Asia/Australia

For DNS you must be doing some cool geolocating or something? Otherwise your Australia users might end up querying a DNS server in US east. If you'd care to share I'd love to hear more about your setup.

• $60.00/m
    Look at Exigent, plans from $10.00/m

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@gbshouse said: Debian 6 64bit

Why do you want to put a 64-bit OS on a VPS with 256MB RAM?

I'm using custom software which is precompiled on Debian 6 64bit so I want all my servers to use the same distribution/version

• @Netguy: $6.66 is cheaper than $10