Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trials - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Trials

2»

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said: I understand that, but i doubt you put your promotional almostfree clients on same nodes with long term faithful ones, as such you could filter just the new ones to have some kind of an early warning system.

Yup, I should separate networks and route a /24 after a filter... When I started this I used infrastructure already in place. I'll do for the next step: lowend KVM and/or Xen :)

Thanked by 1NanoG6

@Maounique said: I asked what do you mean by network abuse because I met some providers that consider using the BW they had in offer for your plan as "abusive behaviour" which hinders the other customers because of the overselling they did

this is not my case, bw is usable and if I did my math wrong I'll pay for my decisions. I'm still pondering about what I need to consider abuse on the node usage. I have some user's processes that eat cpu (games, firefox plugins - mainly flash player, etc), for now nodes handle this well and I only had one node crashed for a race kernel condition ( caused by the flash plugin from what I did see)...

• nocomnocom Member

I agree with @Maounique good point with reply ,,There is a solution for everything,, trial is provided to test VPS network etc running production website on trial is not to smart, after trial period you can move customer to another node. I guess something like test or trial VPS or node is not so bad, bad user will abuse any IP blacklisted or not.

@prometeus also make good point with 90% free offer, i have one fresh account with IperWeb and i must say i have better connectivity worldwide then US based servers with my another accounts.

Main problem i guess is to identify abusive user, you can make phone call, ask user for websites he own, ask for facebook or twitter profile or you can write script to analyze sflow like @prometeus, if you provide free trial you can make rules.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@prometeus said: this is not my case, bw is usable and if I did my math wrong I'll pay for my decisions. I'm still pondering about what I need to consider abuse on the node usage. I have some user's processes that eat cpu (games, firefox plugins - mainly flash player, etc), for now nodes handle this well and I only had one node crashed for a race kernel condition ( caused by the flash plugin from what I did see)...

That I saw, I have a test VPS with you and I am really happy, tested BW and now testing CPU and IO, it is the fastest VPS in all aspects. It is also very cheap, you are in business since a long time, I havent had a deal like this since ENS :) I also had no downtime yet.
    While taking a BuyVM one now is out of the question to make a comparison, I dont see what can be better. Even at price you are cheaper (but that was a special deal). To my knowledge, there is no other provider with better offers regarding quality. There are cheaper ones, of course, Edis also offer good quality, but they dont have same space at this price.
    M

@Maunique
    Quality (balanced with the price limit) is my target. This project is my personal bid in Prometeus, my partners (my wife and my brothers) were sceptical when I started but they trust me enough to give me the budget I had in mind :)

Hope to keep things going on high standards...

Thanked by 2Maounique Amfy