Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BitAccel.com having problems? virtpanel account suspended...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BitAccel.com having problems? virtpanel account suspended...

Not really the first post I wanted to make here :), but since I found out about BitAccel from their post here :D I figured I may as well...

I was in the middle of doing some work on my VPS, when the session got disconnected. All following attempts to ssh into it timed out. Next any attempts to ping my domain just timed out, then any attempts to ping my VPS' IP resulted in timeouts.

I went to login to the BitAccel Virtpanel page (https://bitaccel.virtpanel.com) .... and got a "Fatal Error: Control Panel license has been suspended. Please contact billing." message. Not a good sign, I would say.

There server stat page (stats.bitaccel.com) seems to show high loads on their NY servers, which is what I'm on, but that would have nothing to do with the virtpanel problem.

So, things don't look good. Their regular site is still up, and I was able to open a ticket...just waiting to see what happens next.

Anyone else using BitAccel and having these issues?

Comments

• Seems they aint paid there bill, or virtpanel's license server is down again.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:
    or virtpanel's license server is down again.

Heh, been there. It's infuriating.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • Well, just checked my ticket and got answer, seems they just switched to SolusVM, which is good news as I hated virtpanel, just wish they would have notified me :D Tried finding an email from them mentioning an upcoming change (checked spam etc), but couldn't.

So Iooks like I've got some updating to do....

• They switched to SolusVM so if you haven't got the email containing login details for solusvm just submit them a ticket they probably missed yours

• emgemg Veteran
    edited January 2014

I got a notification email from BitAccel last night (17 December, 10:00 PM) informing me that BitAccel is replacing VirtPanel with SolusVM for managing my BitAccel VPS. If you didn't get SolusVM login information already, open a BitAccel ticket.

Personal Comments:

• My BitAccel VPS gives the best performance (processing, network, etc.) of any of my four LEB VPSs (two OpenVZ, two KVM). Each of my VPSs is from a different provider.

• VirtPanel was a nice try, but I believe that BitAccel's switch to SolusVM was a good move.

It was interesting to learn and work with a different control panel, but there was considerable room for VirtPanel user interface improvements, and it didn't seem to be getting better, despite the feedback I provided. Contrast that with BlueVM's Feathur. Furthermore, I did not like the VirtPanel security model - you connect through VirtPanel's website, which establishes an SSH connection to your VPS provider. In other words, your VPS is pwned if either VirtPanel or your VPS provider is hacked. (If VirtPanel gets pwned, then all of its customers' customers' VPSs are pwned.) It took VirtPanel several days to update their SSL certificate after it expired last month. I wonder how much longer it would have taken to get renewed if I had not opened tickets on both BitAccel and VirtPanel sites.

• They moved to solus, was an email from them a while ago saying it would happen and got another one yesterday say it had been migrated.

Please send us a ticket in if you don't have solusvm login information yet. We switched everything over to solusvm after we've had several issues with virtpanel. Here are some improvements we will have now that we use solusvm.

More accurate bandwidth accounting.
    Bandwidth limiting (we can use this feature so that one person can't consume the entire pipe).
    Suspensions when you hit bandwidth limit (this way we won't have to send out any bandwidth overage invoices anymore.)
    View and control your container from our billing system instead of having to login to a seperate vps control panel.
    and much much more!

We take customer satisfaction very seriously and feel that this switch will improve stability across all the servers in the coming month.

As a token of our appreciation for our customers we would like to send out a second chance offer to people that may have tried our services in the past but weren't happy for whatever reason. Use code NEWS80 at checkout to get 80% off your first month, with 35% off your product recurring! This code even gives percent off your additional ip addresses :)

If you are not satisfied with our product for any reason please send me a personal email at [email protected] and I will be sure to get your issue resolved!  

• Not much left for me to say :) If you have any further questions please contact me.

• Everythings great, so glad you moved over to SolusVM - finally have an API :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Good move. I feel bad for recommending it in the first place. I had to get a mark at WHT for "ad trashing" just to get them to work on bringing it up that one time it was down for like what...3 days I think? Yet the guy who did the work on it was posting ads every day on WHT and wouldn't take 5 minutes to tell me anything about what went wrong even several weeks afterward. Relationship there started alright but went sour fast.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2014

@jarland said:
    Good move. I feel bad for recommending it in the first place. I had to get a mark at WHT for "ad trashing" just to get them to work on bringing it up that one time it was down for like what...3 days I think? Yet the guy who did the work on it was posting ads every day on WHT and wouldn't take 5 minutes to tell me anything about what went wrong even several weeks afterward. Relationship there started alright but went sour fast.

Agreed. Haven't had many problems out of solusvm since I went that route, only problem I have is that it doesn't always calculate bandwidth correctly. Virtpanel didn't either though.