Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to run vlc in a vps with tightvnc?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to run vlc in a vps with tightvnc?

Hello. I' trying to run vlc thru remote desktop to an ubuntu 12.4 vps with gnome installed and with tightvnc. I can install vlc thru desktop or even thru ssh, it appears as icon, but when I try to run it it just won't open. I tried to use it also with lxde, with no luck. I tried to run it as root user or as another user, still no luck.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• why dont you run from terminal..and see what errors do you get

• There's no reason why it wouldn't run if installed correctly and with any dependencies it needs. It'd suck in glorious ways and be an utterly pointless thing to do, but it could be done. You'll want to open a terminal and try to run VLC from it to see if any output at all is generated.

• Any particular error popping up?

• OK, it was a silly mistake... I had a non-root user but didn't assigned it to vnc session, so, I was loggin in as root. VLC doesn't work thru root user. Thank you all