Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One provider offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

One provider offers

sc754sc754 Member
edited January 2014 in Reviews

Hi,

I thought I'd post a quick benchmark for anyone interested in the deals on at oneprovider at the minute. I picked up the i3 530 offer for 20.40 EUR a month including all fees. They resell online.net, but provide a rather good albeit slow support service. The server I got was a i3 2100 which has a passmark score of around 3800. Not bad considering the price. It has 1gbps connectivity in Paris. I'm running it with a custom real time kernel and it's in RAID 0 for speed (I have a backup server so a HDD failure doesn't bother me). Here's the benchmark results, I'm very pleased with it for the money:

[root@dedi-fr-36812 home]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz

Number of cores : 4

CPU frequency : 3093.147 MHz

Total amount of ram : 3894 MB

Total amount of swap : 1023 MB

System uptime : 10 min,

Download speed from CacheFly: 103MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 11,1MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 16,1MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7,34MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 72,0MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 77,3MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7,52MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13,4MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 12,3MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 24,1MB/s

I/O speed : 233 MB/s

Thanked by 1DalComp

Comments

• They are pretty good. A friend of mine has a server with them. IIRC its the 16GB €35/pm Xeon X3...

Running it as a game server, no issues what so ever.

No VAT either, only issue really is €25 reinstall fee unless you have IPMI and good connection to remotely mount ISO

• Do yo have a link for the offer?

• Their hardware may be good but their support is slow

• I had server in the Oneprovieder before, they reply ticket is over 24 hours.

• @rmlhhd said:
    They are pretty good. A friend of mine has a server with them. IIRC its the 16GB €35/pm Xeon X3...

Running it as a game server, no issues what so ever.

No VAT either, only issue really is €25 reinstall fee unless you have IPMI and good connection to remotely mount ISO

Reinstall fee won't apply at France. Even if you don't have IPMI.

• @mov3 said:
    I had server in the Oneprovieder before, they reply ticket is over 24 hours.

Same here, but atleast the server and the network is ok.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2014

I am glad your having a good experience with their dedicated server support. I have a vps with them (for over a year now) and in the past two months I have had some issues with their support. Namely, extended DDOS taking down their node in Phoenix for more than a day at a time and their support staff failing to alert customers of the network issues and taking more than 36 hours to respond to a ticket letting you know that there is a network issue that they are just waiting to magically fix its self (as in they have nothing in place to even mitigate such attacks against their services). Also, offering no professional RFO or even acknowledging that they even care that your service has been lost. Their SLA also only requires them to refund you up to a max of 50% of your payment, meaning if you have multiple outages in a single month, after begging to be credited they will not offer you anything additional for their extended downtime.

This is only my experience with their VPS products however, not their resold dedicated servers. So, I hope you continue to receive a good support with your product.

Cheers!

• By my experience with them (.it and .au location) they have zero control over equipment and in case of downtime takes up to one week until they find out what's going on and things get back online.
    Every 2 - 3 months there's atleast a week of downtime on various locations and they don't even bother much about that however I need to say that they respect SLA.
    I am talking about their VPS service.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited January 2014

I have a dozen of the e3-1230's that they're reselling off of (ed) ONLINE.NET. I've been really happy w/ the support and network. Haven't had a single problem yet with any of the servers either, they're all at ~20-25 days uptime.

• Oh, kimsufi.ie has some of those i3's and i5's back in stock (none of the i7-3770's though, shame)

• @zevus

What are you using that dozens of e3-1230's for?

• wouldnt recommend, my ukraine vps with them had no uptime...

• @pbalazs123 said:
    zevus

What are you using that dozens of e3-1230's for?

they were making a profit on protoshares, now they're breaking even

i just switch things up and hope to get lucky on some new crapcoin

• Since they're resellers of online.net in Paris, what advantage do you have in purchasing from them instead of the former directly?

• Price difference maybe?