Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEA and his site tracker
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEA and his site tracker

drmikedrmike Member
edited September 2011 in General

I noticed that vpsport.com is being reported as down.

http://www.lowendbox.com/wiki/vpsport.com

It's actually now doing a 30x redirect (with a logo for some reason on the landing page) to a new url.

Just wanted to point that out and ask what we should do in this case.

Comments

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited September 2011

Er, it isn't. It's using HTML/meta refresh, which is not a server side redirect... pretty much the same as using javascript to redirect: not really compatible with everything, slightly bad idea

• Yeah I am not catching the HTML meta refresh yet. Currently it is only catching 301/302's to the same domain, and otherwise it would consider the site to be down. Actually there are quite a few ways doing redirects (when you consider all those iframes and Javascript hacks). Why can't people just let HTTP handle it?!

I'll get around to fix the bug (eventually)...

• LowEndAdmin said: Why can't people just let HTTP handle it?!

Because is cool xD
    But ok, agree, that things are more complicated ¬_¬

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

.htaccess redirect ftw ;) Not sure why they need that redirecting page in between :X

• The SSL on the landing page wouldn't be an issue, would it? I wouldn't have handled it in this way either to be honest so I haven't tried it.

You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto. Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto :)

• yomero said: Because is cool xD But ok, agree, that things are more complicated

It's like eating Taco Bell with a pair of chopsticks. It works, might seem to be cool, but totally unnecessary.

• LowEndAdmin said: It's like eating Taco Bell with a pair of chopsticks

LOL so funny xD
    Agree with you.

PS: From Wikipedia:

Taco Bell has attempted to enter the Mexican market twice

And fail, so I don't know it u_u But seems conventional food to me =P

• Taco Bell in Singapore existed for a number of years, mostly as combination stores with KFC such as the one that operated at the Funan Digital Life Mall, but in 2008, Taco Bell completely pulled out of Singapore.

That explains why I rarely hear any mention of it...

• I guess LEA has never seen the movie Demolition Man.