Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Minds / Colo@ / TTS Facility Migration Clifton,NJ -> Weehawken, NJ!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Minds / Colo@ / TTS Facility Migration Clifton,NJ -> Weehawken, NJ!

ReeceReece Member
edited January 2014 in Providers

Thought I'd post it here for everyone too:

Hello

Much do our dislike of such circumstances happening we have just recieved the following email from Colo@ our provider in Clifton,New Jersey:

New Jersey Facility Migration Alert

Your equipment with Total Server Solutions/COLO@ that is currently housed at 100 Delawanna Ave in Clifton, NJ is being moved into a POD at the DRT data center facility in Weehawken, NJ. We have done substantial research into this facility and believe it will allow us to provide a higher level of service to you. The DRT Weehawken facility will allow us to offer increased levels of reliability, more robust cooling, as well as more connectivity options and higher power density delivery to you now, and into the future.

Here is the current timeline for this migration work:

2/8/2014 - Total Server Solutions staff will prepare the network at the DRT facility and ensure that all aspects of the new site are live and ready to accept the equipment migration.

2/9/2014 - 00:00 - 06:00 - Physical migration of equipment into the new facility will begin early on Sunday morning. The transfer will be completed in small batches of servers. A more defined time window will be worked out per each client. You will be notified of a more precise time for the relocation of your equipment approximately 1 week prior to the move.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this move, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can make personalized arrangements as necessary.

Thank you for your continued business.

At this moment in time we are also faced with very short notice on the transfer to the new facility, as far as we are aware TelX who owns the building hasn't renewed the lease with our current provider among other tenants based there. We are currently waiting on further information on the new network going to into place.

Below is some information about the Weehawken, facility:

WEEHAWKEN DATA CENTER: 300 JFK BOULEVARD E
Conveniently located just outside the Lincoln Tunnel on the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, 300 Boulevard East is a multi-tenant data center and telecom facility serving the New York City and Northern New Jersey markets. The property is highly improved with substantial electrical and mechanical upgrades and is recognized as a world-class, state-of-the-art facility. It was built in 1989 and renovated in 2000 and 2011, and offers 14 MW of power. It is leased to a total of six customers who are primarily in the communications, managed services, content providers, or financial services industries.

With its immediate proximity to Manhattan and the added benefits of latency connections back to Manhattan hubs, this property is ideally positioned to service mission-critical data center requirements. With two product offerings of Turn-Key Flex & Powered Base shell, it allows for flexibility and time to market for any requirement.

We will provide further information once we have ironed out some things with our provider, at this moment in time the information we have is limited.

Kindest Regards,
Dedicated Minds Management

Comments

• Annoying, but not your fault. IPs most likely stay the same?

• ReeceReece Member
    edited January 2014

@Spirit

No IP changes, just a switch over to the new facility with some downtime.

I am waiting on further information now.

• Let's hope they don't decide to increase your colo prices as a result.

• Clifton, NJ -- Weehawken, NJ

11.6 mi, 21 mins
    In current traffic: 30 mins
    Or take Public Transport (one transfer) 50 mins

Nodes on the bus... :)

• ReeceReece Member
    edited January 2014

@rds100 said:
    Let's hope they don't decide to increase your colo prices as a result.

We're actually renting our hardware from them not colocation, quite glad I didn't before the end of 2013.

The DC itself does sounds like an overall upgrade and will provide us additional space/connectivity. We will be upgrading clients onto the newer E5 nodes before the migration is completed for an overall upgrade there as well. We was working on launching our KVM platform but we'll be holding up until next month once the migration has been completed.

@Sleddog

Definitely isn't far at all, but nonetheless this isn't something we wanted to start the year with.

..... I am also being a pest to find out if IPV6 will now be available in the new facility.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2014

*** IPv6 coming to your DC ahorita! ***

Note: The Spanish word "ahorita" is normally translated into English as "shortly". It does not really mean shortly. The word "ahorita" actually refers to an ever changing moment in time, somewhere in the future, that is best described as "when I get around to it" and is said with a smile. :D

Thanked by 2Reece Mark_R
  • ReeceReece Member
    edited January 2014

@FrankZ said:
    *** IPv6 coming to your DC ahorita! ***

Note: The Spanish word "ahorita" is normally translated into English as "shortly". It does not really mean shortly. The word "ahorita" actually refers to an ever changing moment in time, somewhere in the future, that is best described as "when I get around to it" and is said with a smile. :D

We can hope that it will be here as soon as possible.

@Jack said:

Haha, I did get a response:

I spoke with our guys regarding IPv6 at the Weehawken facility, it will be available there after we get moved in. It won't be ready to go on day 1, but it is something that we hope to have available there as soon as is reasonably possible.

So with a bit of luck it may be something were seeing soon, but who knows at the moment :(

Further updates on our migration will be sent out this evening.

• @Reece Are you moving now? the server is down now...

• Reece, please respond to my ticket. My VPS has been down for almost 24 hours now & I still haven't gotten the reason why. I am not happy with your service at this moment. You're really frustrating me. At the very least communicate with me.

I had you in high regard in as far as service goes (the way you were talking to customers here on LET) but my perception of you is changing. Please do something!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2014

Edit: Removed negative comment

• Not sure if I was the only one who got the email, but Reece swapped out some of the server's memory earlier today on NJVZ-2. Personally I still haven't had any major issues with the service and hope that it stays that way :)

• Watching this thread. Bookmarked.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited January 2014

@sabside said:
    Reece, please respond to my ticket. My VPS has been down for almost 24 hours now & I still haven't gotten the reason why. I am not happy with your service at this moment. You're really frustrating me. At the very least communicate with me.

I had you in high regard in as far as service goes (the way you were talking to customers here on LET) but my perception of you is changing. Please do something!

@Sabside,

I believe this is related to running a open dns resolver, which was used to send amplified attacks.

However if you could provide me a ticket ID I can check over but I am pretty sure this is the case here.

I'll be the first to admit we did face some teething issues just after going on LEB, it attracted a lot of unfriendly neighbours for everyone else but they were removed quickly and this has been a continuous process to prevent abuse on our services.

We are looking into taking on additional help after the move of Facility on the 8TH, we will have new services in action, such as KVM's, Dedicated Servers, and our AIO Reseller lineup (Which will be quite interesting) so there is a lot of exciting stuff going on at the moment.

@Rob92 said:
    Not sure if I was the only one who got the email, but Reece swapped out some of the server's memory earlier today on NJVZ-2. Personally I still haven't had any major issues with the service and hope that it stays that way :)

Yes that was on NJVZ2, the maintenance lasted 20 - 30 minutes, everything went as planned ;)