Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAMP Tutorial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WAMP Tutorial

DeorDeor Member

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of a good tutorial for setting up Apache, PHP and MySQL on windows server 2008? Failing that some guidance on securing and tuning it? I know its not quite low end, but you are a clever bunch here :)

Just need to be able to run a few sites using Simplemachines forum.

Thanks!

Comments

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited January 2014

www.wampserver.com/en/

www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Sorry but I haven't really used Windows servers before, so I don't know any other way, other than IIS, but thats not what you want.

• xampp would be a good choice.

• prometheanpromethean Member
    edited January 2014

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Step 1: Click

Step 2: Don't get up, your download is done.

Step 3: Where did windows put that damn file...hold on a sec... no, not in Documents.... c:\ ?.... nope.... ahah! in Downloads, how sneaky!

Step 4: Bourbon. There's always time for bourbon.

Step 5: Install.

Step 6: Listen, what you do is between you and your wamp server. I don' need to know about it.

Step 7: WHa, oh... that's... really. Please, mv -dfr /* /dev/null

softaculous ampps is pretty easy also: http://www.ampps.com/

• @Deor said:
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of a good tutorial for setting up Apache, PHP and MySQL on windows server 2008? Failing that some guidance on securing and tuning it? I know its not quite low end, but you are a clever bunch here :)

Just need to be able to run a few sites using Simplemachines forum.

Thanks!

Do you have a specific need for Windows?

• Ask Google - portable usb web server - w/o tutorials and outside windows filesystem only usb flash disk and simple install.

Mobile web server will work from any win PC , if you need access from network open port80 - only if you have problem from network.

From youtube How to install SMF Simple Machines Forum on your server.

• @Deor Basically, the procedure of installing and configuring WAMP after downloading and executing the installation package is as follows: Next;Next;Next;Next;Next;Next;Next;Next;Next;Next;Next;Finish. Then just wonder why does the performance suck and wait to get hacked.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • you can use the windows web installer. on IIS it will then install/configure PHP/MySQL. not sure if SMF is supported, but just about every other CMS is there.

you can also download and install Apache/PHP/MySQL manually. have done it myself