Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET rules for account etc
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET rules for account etc

CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
edited March 2012 in General

Hey Guys,

I was wanting to 100% confirm the rules of LET to make sure that it is 100% ok to let multiple staff member use one account or if the forum requires everyone to have different usernames etc.

Does anyone know for sure?

Comments

• i think its okay, normal users like us wouldn't know anyways except for the admins

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

I just know a lot of other forums are very strict admin wise on sharing accounts and wouldn't like to wake up one morning and find the account banned!

• @httpzoom said: I just know a lot of other forums are very strict admin wise on sharing accounts and wouldn't like to wake up one morning and find the account banned!

As long as you don't share your account with Naruto, I think you'll be fine :).

Thanked by 2DeletedUser tux

:) If i did that wouldn't I just end up Dos'ing myself and causing all sorts of bother? Would be an interesting business plan for sure.

• What, LET has rules?

• @breton said: What, LET has rules?

Rule #1 Don't be a dick!
    Rule #2 See Rule #1

• gsxgsx Member

@httpzoom

Why not have RandomVPS_NameA and RandomVPS_NameB, etc?

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited March 2012

@gsx said: Why not have RandomVPS_NameA and RandomVPS_NameB, etc?

Good idea. I'm taking.

Narutoman_1
    Narutoman_2
    Narutoboi_1
    Narutoboi_2

@gsx I was thinking that.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2012

@httpzoom said: I was wanting to 100% confirm the rules of LET to make sure that it is 100% ok to let multiple staff member use one account or if the forum requires everyone to have different usernames etc.

At LET rules aren't that much structured because there simply wasn't need for that yet however account sharing between employees only have sense as long you're here solely as company representative and you don't use account to express your personal views. But if you're here also as personal entity and represent yourself, your personal opinion, views... account sharing would be just silly and even if there is no forum rule against it's still somehow against culture of the internet, netiquette.

• Don't worry, its not WHT here.

Thanked by 2breton Infinity
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

+1 on what @Spirit said. It's not difficult to make new accounts here since they're just tied to email addresses.

It also removes the "oh but I didn't say that, the other guy who uses my account said that" issue

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • No, isn't WHT

But there is absolutely no sense having multiple accounts, UNLESS you want to do something sketchy...

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited March 2012

@yomero said: But there is absolutely no sense having multiple accounts, UNLESS you want to do something sketchy...

Ditto.

@httpzoom said: I was wanting to 100% confirm the rules of LET to make sure that it is 100% ok to let multiple staff member use one account or if the forum requires everyone to have different usernames etc.

Your best bet would be doing like us ( @Francisco and myself have separate accounts ) or CVPS ( @CVPS_Chris and CVPS_Jeremiah[sp?] have their own accounts ).

That way there's no confusion over who's posting, and it allows staff members to participate in the community as individuals, rather than just as a company name.

Thanked by 2Liam NickM
  • @yomero said: But there is absolutely no sense having multiple accounts, UNLESS you want to do something sketchy...

What if you have multiple personalities?

• @speckl What if you have multiple personalities?

Like that HostFail, Snowy, Sturdy dude? :) What was that name again, Catswon? Or what is that Michael guy? Or that Const....

• vedranvedran Veteran

I have no problems if one user has multiple accounts or if multiple users are using the same account, but it's up to @Chief.

Either way, it would be nice to let everyone know who are they talking to

• @premiso said: Catswon

@premiso said: Michael

Michael Jackson