Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magento on cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Magento on cpanel

nikcnikc Member

Hola

Anyone have any experience of getting magento up and running on cpanel ?

I'm have trouble in mcrypt.so not existing, even though i recompiled with easyappache and selected it as an option.

This is is when i try to load magento i get:

Running initial setup...
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/mcrypt.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/mcrypt.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

That file is defo not there when i check for it :(

Any help would be really appreciated.

NikC

Comments

• VPNVPN Member

I suspect this is because EasyApache compiles the extensions in directly instead of loading PHP with the extensions. I say this because I have lots of different extensions loaded and I don't even have the directory /usr/lib/php/extensions

• OkieDoke said: I suspect this is because EasyApache compiles the extensions in directly instead of loading PHP with the extensions. I say this because I have lots of different extensions loaded and I don't even have the directory /usr/lib/php/extensions

Yeh i figured something like that, just dont have a clue on how to resolve it :(

• nunimnunim Member
    edited January 2014

Load up a phpinfo() page, if you see mcrypt there then it's working, you probably just need to remove the line mycrypt.so from your php.ini.

• php -i shows:

mcrypt
    mcrypt support => enabled
    mcrypt_filter support => enabled
    mcrypt.algorithms_dir => no value => no value
    mcrypt.modes_dir => no value => no value

And the line in php.ini is commented our that relates to mcrypt.

Nik

• Well it's obviously not commented out somewhere as this error message is saying:

Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/mcrypt.so'

Do you have a php.ini in your /home/user directory or in public_html?