Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To the hosts that offer free wildcard SSL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To the hosts that offer free wildcard SSL

I've seen a few hosts that offer free wildcard SSL certificates. How does this actually work? How many free wildcard SSL certificates do you offer? If I can get more than one, can I use it on another VPS? What happens if I decide to cancel after a month?

Comments

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited January 2014
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

mostly because the customer of singlehop

GlobalSign Alpha SSL    Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Domain SSL   Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Alpha SSL Wild Card  Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Domain SSL Wild Card     Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Extended Validation - 1 Year     $299 per year
    GlobalSign Extended Validation - 2 Year     $399 per 2 years

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@black said:
    I've seen a few hosts that offer free wildcard SSL certificates. How does this actually work? How many free wildcard SSL certificates do you offer? If I can get more than one, can I use it on another VPS? What happens if I decide to cancel after a month?

if it from singlehop:

1. unlimited, and can get it 1-5 years free
    2. normally should only in the network of singlehop, but...you know :)
    3. it should be still here
  • Thanks for the info. Now to find a host that does lowend yearly offers :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@black said:
    Thanks for the info. Now to find a host that does lowend yearly offers :)

Highly recommend checking out lunanode.

• @black said:
    Thanks for the info. Now to find a host that does lowend yearly offers :)

LunaNode.

• LunaNode can provide 1 free + additional $2/each (max 5) with each vps plan :)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

We offer unlimited free SSL certificates as well with Luna Node Dynamic accounts, with the requirement that all services using these certificates are hosted on Luna Node virtual machines (the requirements for the other certificates, that come with monthly plans, are less restrictive -- just have to be related somehow to the virtual machine usage, which you can cancel after a month).

• @perennate said:
    We offer unlimited free SSL certificates as well with Luna Node Dynamic accounts, with the requirement that all services using these certificates are hosted on Luna Node virtual machines (the requirements for the other certificates, that come with monthly plans, are less restrictive -- just have to be related somehow to the virtual machine usage, which you can cancel after a month).

If you issue a certificate for a year and someone cancels the VPS in 1 month, do you revoke the certificate?

@jarland said:
    Highly recommend checking out lunanode.

I checked lunanode, they seem to only have monthly offers.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

black said: If you issue a certificate for a year and someone cancels the VPS in 1 month, do you revoke the certificate?

No, not if the certificate was used at some point for something related to the VPS. But the Luna Node Dynamic unlimited free SSL certificates have more restrictions. Yes, we don't have any very cheap yearly offers.

• Our new Nebula Enterprise Cloud is hosted in SingleHOP facilities and does include the wildcard SSL option... just saying.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Cough... LoomHosts Cough...

• Am I right in understanding that the unlimited free Wildcard certs only applies to their managed services and to reseller program (http://www.singlehop.com/about/02-15-2010-freessl.php) - but not if you self-manage servers with them?

• @perennate said:
    We offer unlimited free SSL certificates as well with Luna Node Dynamic accounts

I have backup vps on Luna node, also few (cheap $2) Wildcart SSL on a single IP.
    Which so awesome since I never have the chance to get it for just small project.

For my next project I could use Luna Node Dynamic - unlimited free SSL certificates.
    Thanks.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited January 2014

FtpIt_Radi said: Cough... LoomHosts Cough...

Thanks for the mention but we're only giving out just the normal ones for free, not wildcard SSLs though.