Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH US's new server lineups - Hmmm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH US's new server lineups - Hmmm

OVH released their new server lineups today for the US/CA section of their company. I immediatly noticed something odd off the bat: The SP2 I had paid $90 for is now $58 with their subcompany SoYouStart. Anyone else having issues with this? I asked them to migrate the server there so I can not be overpaying, but I think the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looks like they totally ditched the $30/m i3 server. Guess I'm hanging on to that thing.

• Jack: 3 failover is not worth $32 dollars.

• Failz, no more i3's except as backup servers. Maybe we'll finally see some BHS Kimsufis?

I really dislike the whole OVH linuep in general now.

• @nunim said:
    Failz, no more i3's except as backup servers. Maybe we'll finally see some BHS Kimsufis?

I really dislike the whole OVH linuep in general now.

The Kimsufi like still looks good, with more choices :).

• I'm definitely holding on to my PE1 in BHS now ;). Their lineup is positively mediocre now, especially with the setup fees. If this was two years ago, those prices would be great, but there's been a lot of movement in the budget server arena in the last 6-8 months, and OVH (much like BuyVM, I feel) hasn't remained a great value.

That being said, having two online.net and one OVH BHS server, I've been very impressed at the quality and performance of them both.

• @manacit said:
    I'm definitely holding on to my PE1 in BHS now ;). Their lineup is positively mediocre now, especially with the setup fees. If this was two years ago, those prices would be great, but there's been a lot of movement in the budget server arena in the last 6-8 months, and OVH (much like BuyVM, I feel) hasn't remained a great value.

That being said, having two online.net and one OVH BHS server, I've been very impressed at the quality and performance of them both.

You are sounding like there might be better/cheaper providers than ovh :o

• I'm debating if it is better to spend 120ish dollar then 58 or just 90 every month

• @jarland said:
    Looks like they totally ditched the $30/m i3 server. Guess I'm hanging on to that thing.

I have one of those too. I was going to let it go if anyone is interested in having it now that it is seemingly gone.

• I may be interested. PM'd.

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

@Void_Whisperer said:
    I'm debating if it is better to spend 120ish dollar then 58 or just 90 every month

depends on how long you plan on keeping it.

• Oles - really needs to re-think this new line up, everyone is jumping overboard with his new ideas because they're terrible he was a moron last year for thinking he could sell a $2 server and he's a moron this year for totally changing everything again. The guy needs to seriously go in one direction and stick with it and quit changing shit after 5 seconds.

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

Toadyus said: Oles - really needs to re-think this new line up, everyone is jumping overboard with his new ideas because they're terrible he was a moron last year for thinking he could sell a $2 server and he's a moron this year for totally changing everything again. The guy needs to seriously go in one direction and stick with it and quit changing shit after 5 seconds.

This moron build a mini empire out of nothing. As much as i hate them as much i stick with them because of their streamlined prices ...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Zen said:
    If it isn't any clearer that this is a money grab..

Worked for me. I was cancelling my i3 and moving to digitalocean. Now I'm migrated back. Drop a good deal so I can't get it again...you'll never lose me as a client. Good move, buttholes :P

• VPNVPN Member

I have a dedi and 2 VPSs with OVH and I think they're great.

I don't know anybody else that offers VMware ESXi containers for a good price.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

OkieDoke said: I don't know anybody else that offers VMware ESXi containers for a good price.

Wait, so you bought in their vmware cloud and the price is good ? Or did I miss something ?

• VPNVPN Member

Correct lol.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I dont know, but last time I looked prices were crazy, can you send me to your link with the prices ?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

They have to prevent turnovers by adding setup fee. I have several servers with them & all are great :)

• Setsura said: I have one of those too. I was going to let it go if anyone is interested in having it now that it is seemingly gone.

What's the stats on it?

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2014

@Maounique said:
    I dont know, but last time I looked prices were crazy, can you send me to your link with the prices ?

http://www.ovh.ie/vps/vps-cloud.xml

Have an mSP 2013, a 512 Mb OpenVZ & a 1 Gb Vmware & I must say they are all pretty solid :)

• @Jack said:
    $90/mo vs $56/mo + $69 setup fee.

Failover IPs also charged at $3/mo per IP with the older ones they were just up to 4 were possible to be added for no additional cost?

You can still get upto 128 + 16 free IPs by paying 1€/1.50$ setup fee per IPv4 for their Hosting range servers.

http://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/hosting/
    http://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/hosting/

• @Jack said:

I am on about the SYS models.

SYS models unfortunately have very limited configuration options with just upto 5 IP Failovers possible.Oles got this stupid SYS idea because of 80% of people who ordered mSP didn't order any addons, not even a failover.But whats the crime of other 20% who want to have addons with cheap servers?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited January 2014

Agreed with you on this case. Love their IP price before, just $1/month setup fee for the first month then free.

Sledger said: idea because of 80% of people who ordered mSP didn't order any addons, not even a failover.But whats the crime of other 20% who want to have addons with cheap servers?