Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gadgedz Free VPS No Access Since OCT!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gadgedz Free VPS No Access Since OCT!

so I have been back and fourth with Gadgedz for the last few weeks regarding their free vps offer. Since I paid back in October I have not had access to my freevps (despite paying), I even got a free ipv4 from them due to random selection. But NOT ONCE have I been able to access my server let alone have access to solus. 3 weeks ago I submitted a ticket just before they announced they were going to terminate the freevps entirely inquiring about my server then they announced they would revive it and move existing users to their new Dallas location. Its now been 2 weeks and got another promise yesterday to be moved and still nothing.

if this is what users can expect from Gadgedz I dont believe I will be buying any further services with them.

Comments

• Well i haven't ever used their free service, but the paid one works great. Support is great ad well.

• akzakz Member

thats the worst part, I see them around here helping people n posting offers and what not but completely ignoring the free users (well I shouldnt say free since we paid a setup fee) but if you arent going to support your your free service why bother offering it at all?

• @dhamaniasad
    @0xdragon

I think they can help you.

• We initially did have some routing issues with IPv6, and then we had to change the addresses, and then during all the panel migrations, there were many configuration issues. I believe we did solve the issue, but then they popped up again later. I admit that the IPv6-only VPS didn't work out as well as I'd have wanted it to. I initially did not keep record of hostnames and was using OVZ-web-panel, so after hostname changes, I wasn't able to identify the containers to migrate them. We are prioritizing this issue, and hope to have this resolved by the end of this week. I apologize for your troubles, you can get this plan of ours free for a month and then get a 60% recurring discount if you like. I know the free VPS was a botched up operation, I am admitting that. You have my sincerest apologies, you'll get the VPS soon, please let me know how I can make this right for you.

• akzakz Member
    edited January 2014

@dhamaniasad said:
    We initially did have some routing issues with IPv6, and then we had to change the addresses, and then during all the panel migrations, there were many configuration issues. I believe we did solve the issue, but then they popped up again later. I admit that the IPv6-only VPS didn't work out as well as I'd have wanted it to. I initially did not keep record of hostnames and was using OVZ-web-panel, so after hostname changes, I wasn't able to identify the containers to migrate them. We are prioritizing this issue, and hope to have this resolved by the end of this week. I apologize for your troubles, you can get this plan of ours free for a month and then get a 60% recurring discount if you like. I know the free VPS was a botched up operation, I am admitting that. You have my sincerest apologies, you'll get the VPS soon, please let me know how I can make this right for you.

I was initially told that this was going to be complete 2 weeks ago then I would be moved yesterday according to the ticket that YOU responded to. Now you are telling me I have to wait till the end of the week? sorry but I am only looking for what was promised to me which you have not delivered. Sorry but you will find me hard pressed to switch to paid service when you cant even deliver the free service regardless of discount.

• @akz How much did you pay?

• akzakz Member

@Ian_ said:
    akz How much did you pay?

$2.50 setup fee

• akz said: I was initially told that this was going to be complete 2 weeks ago then I would be moved yesterday according to the ticket that YOU responded to. Now you are telling me I have to wait till the end of the week? sorry but I am only looking for what was promised to me which you have not delivered. Sorry but you will find me hard pressed to switch to paid service when you cant even deliver the free service regardless of discount.

I completely accept that as my fault, we were initially going to do the migrations within two weeks, but due to some issues, we had to extend that, and have kept the current server going for the time being. Rest assured we have something good coming up for you. Again, I am really sorry this happened with you, I'll set you up a new VPS as soon as possible. Also, as I've stated before, you can try out our Mercury plan for free if you like, I am only looking for a way to compensate you for your troubles.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2014

Truth is, we're extremely busy at the moment with our paid service, and we have not been able to migrate anyone on our free plan whatsoever to our new node. I'm sure @dhamaniasad will take care of you. Apologies from us.