Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual6 Has stopped trading - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtual6 Has stopped trading

2»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Did he refund everyone ?
    Even so, does this mean he can come back later with another offer ?
    Just curious.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited January 2014

@MikHo said:
    Legal reasons could be anything between someone else claims the name to not allowed to run a business in competition with his employment.

Legal reasons can be a lie.

Like his brand had any chance after he got pounded, twice, by the community here. Those leave a bad image for people, no matter what. Maybe he just wanted a quick exit and we'll see him back here again soon.

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    So mpkossen, Spirit, what should we do to Ashley now?

Like Anthony said: nothing. He'll probably be back. The community knows his ways, though, so he'll get pounded soon enough. Or praised, I mean, there's some people that don't mind his ways.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Legal reasons can be a lie.

>

Like his brand had any chance after he got pounded, twice, by the community here. Those leave a bad image for people, no matter what. Maybe he just wanted a quick exit and we'll see him back here again soon.

Not saying it isn't so but the world is larger the LE*. :)
    A company can actually find customers from other places.

Remember that Ash did run his "company" as a person (sole trader is it?) not as a "company".
    That does not really sound right when I read it, I'm implying that (if) there was legal issues, it could be about Ash as a person not as a company.

And I do agree, lets do nothing. I hope he will be back since I have nothing against Ash.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • At the end of the day he has closed his company and given pretty much one months notice. He's refunded those that had signed up recently and would not not got their full month. As long as no one had signed up for longer term periods he hasn't done anything wrong. There was no way he was going to get this brand off the ground with the pounding he received here and at Vpsboard.

How it feels to people who again trusted in his brand, I cannot say. I can't really see him launching anything else successfully under his own name anytime in the future. It is; however sad to see someone having to offer skilled services at UK minimum wage. It screams of personal/financial difficulty.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Zen said:
    Or he just got a job :)

With the posting on WHT, it does seem that he got a job and there was a non-compete

• running three successful businesses of my own which still operate today.

:D:D

Anyway is 10$/hour before taxes considered much in the hosting industry? That seems like a ridiculously low wage

• if it is a non-compete clause then that indicates poor negotiation. not unreasonable to ask for an orderly shutdown of business, and/or migrate the business/customers to a new owner

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Anyway is 10$/hour before taxes considered much in the hosting industry? That seems like a ridiculously low wage

For a german, that is. Other people are happy with 1 $ an hour. It depends on your needs. The lower your needs, the more free you are.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • gsrdgrdghd said: Anyway is 10$/hour before taxes considered much in the hosting industry? That seems like a ridiculously low wage

I guess it depends on the country. Here $10/hour is way above the average. However it also depends on the job - for a job requiring specific skills and high competency it is probably low.

• MikHo said: Not saying it isn't so but the world is larger the LE*. :) A company can actually find customers from other places.

Sure, that's very true. But LE* is one of the places where it is quite easy to pitch some offers for a larger audience. We also tend to buy a lot quite easily because it's all so damn cheap :-D

Zen said: Or he just got a job :)

Or he just got a job :-)

• Could be like me. I'm currently on $4.62AUD an hour because workcover won't cover my back injury (fell off two story house onto a brick fence)
    But then again 126 dedicated servers operating averaging $5 - $20 profit

I'm matching my weekly wage.. (Before tax)
    Just means I'm either on my phone or on my laptop 25/8

• Here in Norway £6/ho is not much. A 18 year without any school, will make over £10 cleaning up the floor back in a store.
    I have a bachelor degree and I'm have £22/hour + (£10/hours extra after 8 PM) + (£4/hour if I work on a Saturday or Sunday). And I'm is not well paid, since I work for the Government. (child care)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • myhken said: Here in Norway £6/ho is not much. A 18 year without any school, will make over £10 cleaning up the floor back in a store.

I have a bachelor degree and I'm have £22/hour + (£10/hours extra after 8 PM) + (£4/hour if I work on a Saturday or Sunday). And I'm is not well paid, since I work for the Government. (child care)

AFAIK in Norway the government makes a good use of their oil and fishing industry for the benefit of the people, and they do it better than many countries. Therefore the term less fortunate in Norway does not mean one is a poor man.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @Virtovo said:
    At the end of the day he has closed his company and given pretty much one months notice. He's refunded those that had signed up recently and would not not got their full month. As long as no one had signed up for longer term periods he hasn't done anything wrong.

So a breach of contractual obligations is not a wrongdoing in your eyes then? People signing-up before the 14.01. and will only get their service until 11.02, no refund. The support will be closed immediately. I doubt that this can be interpreted as "he hasn't done anything wrong". Or you consider your company as a milking stanchion for the dopey cow also known as the "customer".

skagerrak said: Or you consider your company as a milking stanchion for the dopey cow also known as the "customer".

Mooo !!!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The UK sucks right now, inflation (real inflation) is actually around 10% p/year and has been for the last 10 years, meanwhile the avg wage for an avg job has actually gone down, companies are hiring more and more people part time for tax saving and house prices/rent/fuel/gas/electric has gone up beyond belief.

10 years ago if you made £30,000 p/year you were doing well above the avg, you could have a decent life style, now that would be just enough to get by.

Fuel prices in the UK are insane now, getting up to £1.40 p/ltr it can cost people £5 each way to go to work, add some lunch on top of that and it costs you £15 p/day just to go to work.

£30,000 after taxes will leave you with around £1950 in your pocket.

The mortgage on a standard family home is going to be at least £800 p/month with your home insurance etc now so that leaves you with £1150, you are spending £15 p/day 22 days a month to go to work that leaves you with £820 gas and electric will be £200 which leaves you £600, council tax will be avg £150 that leaves you with £670, food will be £250 which leaves you with £420, broadband/ home phone + cell phone lets say another £100 which leaves you with £320, your avg family car will cost around £160 p/month on finance, leaving you with £160, and the insurance for the car is probably another £50 leaving you with £110

So that is it, you have £110 spare each month and that is assuming you do absolutely nothing but work, eat and go home or to put it another way you have around £3.60 p/day on avg to spend on your own interests :)

That is based on a £30,000 p/year salary which is above avg, the real UK avg is £26,500 so based on the above your actually £290 p/month short of a standard life style so you go in to debt, stop spending where ever possible, shops close because your not spending, you spiral out of control and then the whole thing implodes... sound familiar to anyone from Greece?

By the way I class the standard life style as the one most people try to live, basic things, house+car+job+eat not a lot to ask for in this day and age most people would think but the truth is it is WAY more than you can afford :)

I have lost the plot now, might need to go burn a flag or something, not even sure how I started this mega I hate the UK rant, but ho hum, bottom line being people do what they need to do to get by.

• Was not aware that the situation is so "bad" in the UK. Living i Norway, we are protected against most of such things. But there are of course people that have it the same way here also.

• skagerrak said: People signing-up before the 14.01. and will only get their service until 11.02, no refund.

Of course @GetKVM_Ash is going to provide everyone with a pro-rated refund.

right guys??