Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secure setup guide
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Secure setup guide

justinbjustinb Member
edited July 2011 in Help

Going to try my hand at the low end (this server only 768MB) - anyone know of a decent (secure) setup guide?

I'm seeing lots on the google but half of them are strangely old (debian 4?) and vulnerable to that try_files thing with nginx and setting up fcgi+apache results in strange rewrites (rewriting /index -> test.php would result in /index.jsp or .asp or whatever working which is strange)

I am a debian/freebsd user, rarely if ever touch centos.

Sorry, english not my first language

Comments

• My nginx+php-fpm+MySQL install scripts for CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 have this security issue fixed. It's only using around 50mb on my 128MB KVM VPS with APC installed and MySQL tweaked for higher traffic.

• Anything with apache? I kinda need mod_rewrite or some equivalent to it that can be changed by endusers

• That try_files thing. So that explains why nginx complains when that's in the vhost config (the Tuxlite script puts it in there by default; I just comment it out).