Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hireing designers for small stuff
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hireing designers for small stuff

gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
edited March 2012 in General

Hey
Is there a good site to hire designers to design small things like headers, spray logos, avatars, etc for 5-10$?

Comments

• dirkdirk Member

I found some good designers on http://www.odesk.com and http://www.vworker.com working for very little money.

Thanked by 2djvdorp gsrdgrdghd
  • u4iau4ia Member
    edited March 2012

fiverr

Just wade your way through the goofy stuff :)

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • +1 for fiverr. We use fiverrs for graphics stuff, haven't had an issue yet.

• @Damian said: +1 for fiverr. We use fiverrs for graphics stuff, haven't had an issue yet.

Do those 5$/banner people actually do a good job or are you paying them more?

• They generally do an amazing job for $5; I'd be willing to pay them more.

Just be sure to read other people's reviews of the person, select someone with good reviews, and make sure that you don't select someone with a large pending queue, and you'll be fine.

• @Damian did you get IPXcore's logo on there? if yes from which guy? he made a great job.

• @OneTwo: We got the logo from somewhere else.. I can't remember where. I think it may have been themeforest or something like that.

http://peaceloveandpancakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/header3.png is an example of something we bought from fiverr

Thanked by 1u4ia
  • u4iau4ia Member

@Damian that's a good one :)

+1 for reading reviews. I have gotten quite mediocre work from someone with no reviews, but for only $5 it's worth a shot. There are several people who have great reviews and do great work, and their work queue usually reflects that. If someone has 30 jobs pending, it says something for their quality, but you'll also be waiting a few extra days.

• @Damian for only $5? That's pretty nice.

@gsrdgrdghd It's hiring, not hireing ;)

• @OneTwo said: @gsrdgrdghd It's hiring, not hireing ;)

Thanks, i'll try to keep that in mind :)

About fiverr: How much of the design/logo i want to have do i have to tell them? Is it just enough to say "I want a logo for a blog about linux with the name asdblog" and they'll think of something? Or do i need to have an idea how it should look like in my mind?

• Typically, you communicate with the person when you pay them; it's not just a pay-them-and-that's-it type of thing.

The more info you give them, the better. Don't be afraid to be VERY specific, even to specify the smallest detail. The header that I shared above was done right the first time exactly how it was supposed to look, since we gave them a ~200 word block of text describing every nuance. :)

• @Damian said: The more info you give them, the better. Don't be afraid to be VERY specific, even to specify the smallest detail.

Ah well that sucks, im incredible uncreative with designing stuff :D

• u4iau4ia Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Ah well that sucks, im incredible uncreative with designing stuff :D

You could always just tell the designer to use their own creativity. It's more of a gamble with your $5, but you never know, may get a pleasant surprise.