Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick test with guest login? Prometeus KVM test
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quick test with guest login? Prometeus KVM test

Hey folks, is anyone able to spot me a quick guest login to a KVM desktop with prometeus? Im in the US and would like a quick test before I commit to year+ term. My ping is about 120ms and dl is workable for my needs, but that doesnt always equate ti a good remote desktop experience.

Comments

• Have you tried contacting Prometeus about this?
    Maybe they can assist you.

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited January 2014

I can help, setting up a KVM with CentOS now, so you can run your tests. Will PM you with logon details. It will be ready in minutes.

Ps! I use iwStack...but it's on the same network as Prometeus servers.

• NVM, I decided to just do a small iperweb instance first. If it works out, I'll either up the resources on it or see if there's something more suitable on iwstack or prometeus direct

• Ok...PM sent already. Can I turn it off then? Or do you want to run some test?

• I guess they're going to launch the services in Dallas, US very soon? I was waiting for a long time thought

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@Netxons said:
    I guess they're going to launch the services in Dallas, US very soon? I was waiting for a long time thought

Depends what services. Currently we have to route our IPv6 there non-natively due to the DC not supporting it, even tho it was promised months before, we even paid it (money returned in the meantime). That can work for regular VPS, but not OK for professional services.

As such, we are on the look for another DC where we can deploy it a lot of conditions should be met, superb network, knowledgeable and fast acting staff reasonable ToS/AUP, some kind of SLA, how easy it is to receive and send the equipment, keep an inventory of spare parts, etc...
    Trust me, the choice is very difficult.

BTW, for a quick test, you can use the lg:
    http://lg-dallas.prometeus.net

• Maounique said: another DC

How about Colo@?

Thanked by 1rsk