Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASK ddos protected provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ASK ddos protected provider

Hei

Is there any other providers offer ddos protected VPS plan in LEB price range?

I saw one from raptornode. 128mb for $ 15.75/year + Transfer 250GB Incoming DDoS Mitigation 10 Gbps / 2000k Protection

Any other provider plan similiar with this?

Comments

• Fra Norge? Ser du begynner tråden med Hei.

Only a Norwegian question. Can't help you with what you are asking for.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited January 2014

128mb for $ 15.75/year + Transfer 250GB Incoming DDoS Mitigation 10 Gbps / 2000k Protection

uh does the DDoS count towards your bandwidth? if you get hit by a DDoS, your bandwidth would be completely drained.

It just, very impossible to do that kind of pricing (16/yearly) unless is oversold.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    uh does the DDoS count towards your bandwidth? if you get hit by a DDoS, your bandwidth would be completely drained.

Usually it doesn't when they mention it is including DDoS protection

but some companies state something like:

you get 500gb bandwidth, 200gb of that is filtered clean bandwidth/traffic.

• I saw Google had a ddos protection plan that was free, you might want to look into that. If you are concerned about ddos there are security packages out there for all server OS's that help mitigate that too

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    I saw Google had a ddos protection plan that was free, you might want to look into that. If you are concerned about ddos there are security packages out there for all server OS's that help mitigate that too

Google only offers DDoS protection for a selected group of organizations.

And no, he can't mitigate UDP or SYN floods DDoS server-side.

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    It just, very impossible to do that kind of pricing (16/yearly) unless is oversold.

Hi,
    It's not oversold the normal pricing is higher, But we are still rolling our Christmas promo.

@Mark_R @GIANT_CRAB

The Bandwidth on our pricing is Clean bandwidth meaning not including DDoS/Attack Traffic in your bandwidth at all.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    I saw Google had a ddos protection plan that was free, you might want to look into that. If you are concerned about ddos there are security packages out there for all server OS's that help mitigate that too

Hi,
    Also just to mention DNS based DDoS Protection is pointless i.e Cloudflare, google, DNSmadeeasy. DNS is only filtering the requests in using a Tunnel to hide your real server IP, But their are many ways to get around this for example, Your Clients request gets sent to your server via cloudflare, Then Server responds to client directly, Therefore if you are running wireshark or any simple packet capturing software you can get the IP in the Header of the packet sent to you via the server. Therefore you can only be truly secure with full BGP DDoS protection which we offer, Inhouse without any latency.

• It was great enough

Do you hosted in blacklotus company?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@add_iT We have our own Cage Colocation with Coresite, And get DDoS Protection via Black Lotus.

@MonsteR said:
    Also just to mention DNS based DDoS Protection is pointless i.e Cloudflare, google, DNSmadeeasy. DNS is only filtering the requests in using a Tunnel to hide your real server IP, But their are many ways to get around this for example, Your Clients request gets sent to your server via cloudflare, Then Server responds to client directly, Therefore if you are running wireshark or any simple packet capturing software you can get the IP in the Header of the packet sent to you via the server. Therefore you can only be truly secure with full BGP DDoS protection which we offer, Inhouse without any latency.

Sorry but no. When correctly implemented, tunneled protection is as good as native one, except for the added latency.

Looks like this forum is protected via CloudFlare. Let me know how you can obtain ColoCrossing's IP address just by examining traffic on the client side.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@Nyr said:
    Looks like this forum is protected via CloudFlare. Let me know how you can obtain ColoCrossing's IP address just by examining traffic on the client side.

@Nyr
    If you have read what I said then you wouldn't of even commented as you would realize how stupid what you just said is... If colocrossing run BGP with cloudflare business then yeah they will be fully protected by a tunnel but if their using DNS based only then no, Ill send you a link to a nice youtube video which will explain to you how clearly you need to learn more or actually read before posting.

edited January 2014

@MonsteR said:

>

First, sorry for my bad English.

I don't think I said anything stupid. I don't think CC does BGP with CF but don't worry, let's prove me wrong: I had just set up a spare domain behind CloudFlare. The website is at http://coin.yt

I don't speak BGP with CloudFlare. Let me know how you can obtain my IP address behind CloudFlare "from the header of the packets" sent to you while downloading my website.

I understand that as a DDoS protection provider, you have better things to do than worry about a kiddie like me, so I am offering a little incentive for your work explaining this: 500 USD or the equivalent Bitcoin as soon as you show us how the IP address behind the filtering is obtained. You need to get this just by examining traffic on the client side as you said it can be done.

Let me know payment details via PM so we can arrange it as soon as you teach us all this lesson.

• @Nyr Bueno. Un duelo valiente de hombre a hombre.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Nyr Bueno. Un duelo valiente de hombre a hombre.

No! A mí aún me gusta considerarme niño :D

• Sólo un niño con un arma. :P

• Nyr said: I don't think I said anything stupid. I don't think CC does BGP with CF but don't worry, let's prove me wrong..

They don't. The LET IP is silly easy to obtain.

edited January 2014

nunim said: The LET IP is silly easy to obtain.

That's not the point. The point is a DDoS protection provider writing simple and plain lies to sell their product. I am not sure yet if this is out of stupidity or malicious intent, to be honest.

Lies being told:

DNS based DDoS Protection is pointless i.e Cloudflare, google, DNSmadeeasy.

Huh?

DNS is only filtering the requests in using a Tunnel to hide your real server IP

Domain Name Servers are filtering what? I can't even understand.

Your Clients request gets sent to your server via cloudflare, Then Server responds to client directly

No. Just no.

if you are running wireshark or any simple packet capturing software you can get the IP in the Header of the packet sent to you via the server

Oh My Fucking God

Therefore you can only be truly secure with full BGP DDoS protection which we offer, Inhouse without any latency.

So guys using reverse proxies or GRE aren't protected. Hum, ok.

edited January 2014

Definitively this "provider" doesn't even know what is he talking about:

http://cl.ly/image/2B0K0P3e0z0N

Do you want to guess what's the last octet?

http://cl.ly/image/1A1m1z3p053q

Yeah! 67.215.65.xxx hosts OpenDNS's NXDOMAIN "helper" service.

This is fun.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

:(

• Cloudflare does not mitigate DDoS attacks, unless you're on a corporate plan. They will reveal your IP if you get hit with a noticeable DDoS.

I watched that video and it's honestly common sense. I was familiar with all the methods she discussed. Here's a list:

• get related DNS records (like ftp.domain.com)
    • get historical DNS records (according to her, it's the best way)
    • outbound requests (If you're running an upload site under cloudflare and you have a "get remote file" feature, then someone can potentially get your server's IP address by asking your server to grab a remote file on a server they control)
    • hope the site admin is retarded and leak site info

If you have any idea what a reverse proxy is, you know the capabilities and limits. It's what cloudflare uses and many other sites like it. Getting a site's IP is extremely difficult if the person running the site knows what he/she is doing.

That being said, it's better to have full BGP DDoS protection instead of relying on a reverse proxy, especially if you're not paying cloudflare (and others) a lump sum of cash every month.

Thanked by 2Nyr MonsteR

black said: Cloudflare does not mitigate DDoS attacks, unless you're on a corporate plan. They will reveal your IP if you get hit with a noticeable DDoS.

I know, that's why I specified "You need to get this just by examining traffic on the client side as you said it can be done".

• @Nyr said:
    I know, that's why I specified "You need to get this just by examining traffic on the client side as you said it can be done".

I agree with you 100%. Since this is a DDoS provider thread, I just threw that out there to let people know cloudflare doesn't offer free DDoS protection service, that's a misconception.

Thanked by 1MonsteR

black said: I agree with you 100%. Since this is a DDoS provider thread, I just threw that out there to let people know cloudflare doesn't offer free DDoS protection service, that's a misconception.

Yeah, this happens because they did really offer free protection when they launched, in fact I used it. Eating DDoS for free wasn't something which could last very long ;)

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@Nyr said:
    So guys using reverse proxies or GRE aren't protected. Hum, ok.

Nyr said: Lies being told:

DNS based DDoS Protection is pointless i.e Cloudflare, google, DNSmadeeasy.

Reverse proxies or GRE Tunnel isn't DNS based protection though is it, As the comment I replied to is DNS based protection I fail to see why you went on a rant about GRE Tunnels which has nothing to do with this DNS based ddos protection discussion, So before you call providers lairs to sell their products maybe do some research or learn English so you can understand threads before even posting, This way you don't need to bore us.

Nyr said: That's not the point. The point is a DDoS protection provider writing simple and plain lies to sell their product. I am not sure yet if this is out of stupidity or malicious intent, to be honest.

So by saying DDoS protection via DNS is pointless is lying? We have already established anyone can get a origin IP from cloudflare, Therefore if someone has the Origin IP why would they still attack cloudflare? Your whole comment is flawed and it's making you look stupid, You say im lying to sell my products but I am sure everyone here agrees anyone is able to get a origin cloudflare IP, Therefore I fail to see why your even trying to argue as you don't have a valid point.

Nyr said: Definitively this "provider" doesn't even know what is he talking about

Also in the pm I sent you I said its 1 minute lookup, I didn't say look I have confirmed this. but it is fun how this whole discussion is based around how flawed your argument is...

edited January 2014

I don't want to continue this, I can't be more clear than I had already been. Anyone interested can read both of us and reach their own conclusions.

The $500 bounty is still up if you want to prove me wrong.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@Nyr said:
    I don't want to continue this, I can't be more clear than I had already been. Anyone interested can read both of us and reach their own conclusions.

The $500 bounty is still up if you want to prove me wrong.

But its already been proven that your wrong, With multiple times/people explaining to you how easy it is in normal circumstances? I mean even the owner of cloudflare Matt agreed so clearly you know more then the owner and people who developed cloudflare.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

@GIANT_CRAB said:

This reminds me of "DDoS Hosting Solutions". Purchased a VPS with them a long time ago, got DDoS, wasn't filtered properly, ran through my "clean traffic" in two days. Laughable.

MonsteR said: Your Clients request gets sent to your server via cloudflare, Then Server responds to client directly, Therefore if you are running wireshark or any simple packet capturing software you can get the IP in the Header of the packet sent to you via the server.

... No, that's not how CloudFlare works.

MonsteR said: We have already established anyone can get a origin IP from cloudflare,

Uh, no, not quite. The common always-works trick used to be sending abusemail, but nowadays CloudFlare only provides you with the provider name, not with the actual server IP. That leaves three options:

1. Having non-proxied DNS records pointing at the same server (easy to defend against)
    2. Having a poor server configuration that exposes your server IP on for example an error page, or by contacting a remote server (easy to defend against)
    3. Hitting it with a HTTP-based DDoS so hard that CloudFlare turns off their mitigation and sets your DNS records to the original IP (only doable by a small group of people that have the firepower for this)

Claiming that "anyone can get an origin IP from CloudFlare" is a straight-out lie.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@Zen said:
    All Nyr has done is refuted your original claims, and rightly so.

@joepie9

My orginal claims are cloudflare ins't secure, Which we have established? As to use cloudflare securely your environment and all your code would have to be based around cloudflare... Which no one realistically does.

So with multiple people saying it can be done, And a video of a security conference at BlackHat where Matt himself was there and didn't disagree ? And yes a very small majority of people may get it right and be able to hide their IP behind cloudflare, But the doesn't change the facts.

Cloudflare null you after being attack a x amount(Meaning showing your actual IP)
    "Most" people are unlikely to buy a brand new domain and just put it on cloudflare without leaving a trial.(After a quick google this would cost me $10 ?)

And normally its how a website/server is coded/setup which can give the original IP and depends on tons of factors of which nearly no provider can follow, unless they build their site with it in mind their going to hide behind cloudflare.

But this whole discussion was about actually DDoS protection not how to hide behind cloudflare's DNS. Which you can't be truly secure on.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Also just to mention DNS based DDoS Protection is pointless i.e Cloudflare, google, DNSmadeeasy. DNS is only filtering the requests in using a Tunnel to hide your real server IP,

Nope, as it's two part setup:
    1) DNS points your record to their reverse proxy server
    2) reverse proxy server talks to your main server and respond to client

But their are many ways to get around this for example, Your Clients request gets sent to your server via cloudflare, Then Server responds to client directly, Therefore if you are running wireshark or any simple packet capturing software you can get the IP in the Header of the packet sent to you via the server.

Nope, with correct setup everything should go via reverse proxy

Therefore you can only be truly secure with full BGP DDoS protection which we offer, Inhouse without any latency.

Even BGP is insecure - it's enough to attack router IP

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

@Zen said:
    Just tag us all when you back up your original statement.

Are you referring to getting his original IP, Or proving the video I linked to you is real? I fail to see where your coming from maybe you didn't watch the video?

http://gyazo.com/983c1bffed86830c7f3b7f77b870f709

http://gyazo.com/03635c67d1fd25ec465a1e158e2bfa95

Maybe this will show you it's possible if you unable to watch the video.
    http://nocloudallowed.com/

http:// youtu.be/PcJByWphmTg?t=18m30s