Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Magic 8: WHMCS and CPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Magic 8: WHMCS and CPanel

nvrtrustnvrtrust Member
edited March 2012 in General

What happens if I register 12345678aa.com and 12345678bb.com in whmcs. How will the cpanel generate username for the second domain if cpanel has 8 characters limit?

Comments

• jhjh Member

I think it will tell you it's already taken and make you input something manually.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I would assume it changes the 8th character to something unique. Granted, that would mean only 9 options are available :S

Francisco

• What about on the client's backend jtodd? I have tried it until before I pay in WHMCS and it didn't noticed about the possible conflict on username. Does it mean the automated setup will not proceed and will require intervention of the admin?

• jhjh Member

How do you have automatic setup configured? If it's setup after payment then you'll need to test it with a dummy payment.

I think it will require the intervention of an admin to change the username. I haven't used WHMCS in some time though.

• WHMCS also allows custom or random usernames for the cPanel module. Like @jtodd mentioned, if an order attempts to provision with an existing username the provisioning will fail, and require manual intervention.

• @nvrtrust said: How will the cpanel generate username

cPanel/WHM will take the 1st and last 4 to create a username, so you would have 1234acom and 1234bcom with the above domains.