Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notice of Unauthorized Use of Copyrights Owned - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Notice of Unauthorized Use of Copyrights Owned

2»

Comments

• @TarZZ92 said:
    American puppet state

I though we were talking about serious matters in terms of copyright. But ok, it's weekend. However, armchair strategies is not what I'm interested in.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@Rami: I provide VPN service for over 500 clients for more than 18 months and it's the first time I received something like this that's all and because I do not have any knowledge with USA laws

I dont wanna imply you are lying or anything but that doesn't sound very realistic..

around 500 active vpn clients for 18 whole months.. if this was true then you would've have had to deal with this earlier yet you ask now after 18 months (more than a year) how to deal with copyright trolls.

Anyways, i wish you goodluck, you'll need it.

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2014

@Mark_R First I'm not lying

I do have more than 500 VPN clients that is because I have two reseller in two countries additional to my country

And it is true that this is the first time that I face this issue

At last thanks for help

• skagerrak said: I though we were talking about serious matters in terms of copyright. But ok, it's weekend. However, armchair strategies is not what I'm interested in.

We are. You asked a question i gave you an answer.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

I think that @skagerrak means that he wants something thats not based on prejudgement, rather a valid answer?

its easy to just say something without backing it up with more detailed information.

correct me if im wrong.

Thanked by 1skagerrak
  • skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

Your answer did not even touch the topic of the copyright law in the UK and it's problems you are seeing. Care to elaborate?

• skagerrak said: Your answer did not even trouch the topic of the copyright law in the UK and it's problems you are seeing. Care to elaborate?

Well it does. you go to a british host they will deal with a DMCA like a us host. dispite it not even being a law here (yet). personally i would ignore the DMCA if i was the host. but not all do. infact most obey them.

that a better answer for ya?

• @TarZZ92 said:

So you're talking about the actions some Hosts take. The OP was interested in the law itself. And I asked about the law, not the possible unlawful behaviour of some Hosts. I doubt that all Hosts in the UK do ignore UK/EU copyright laws. Of course they may forward a DMCA to you, why not? It's simply a letter, nothing more.

• Anyone asking for money on the internet = fuck off

This is worse than the SBLs that charge a fee for "express delisting".

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • edited January 2014

Doesn't look legitimate at all. Seems to be a copyright troll cashing out on innocent people...

• @nunim said:
    Anyone asking for money on the internet = fuck off

thats the spirit!

• These trolls are organized, they will seek actionable contact information (aka US-based people [first]): this is why American terrorism can't expand, if it does, these trolls will be targeting every nation faster... Where do you think this capitalist/troll mentality comes from?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Mark_R and @Spirit you'd be surprised just how little this happens with VPN providers. The amount of abuse and complaints I have to deal with has largely surprised me.. Maybe the lack of ability to host content through a VPN makes a difference between VPN and VPS providers.

• @liamwithers said:
    Mark_R and Spirit you'd be surprised just how little this happens with VPN providers. The amount of abuse and complaints I have to deal with has largely surprised me.. Maybe the lack of ability to host content through a VPN makes a difference between VPN and VPS providers.

I dont think that you really attract that kind of abusing audiance when you only offer a maximum of 100GB bandwidth..

most torrent users will require alot of bandwidth, 100GB a month is nothing for them.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Mark_R obviously having bandwidth restrictions helps, but I'm still surprised at the small number of issues I've had considering how many users there are.

Getting into offering VPN services left me with the impression that a large chunk of time and money would be spent resolving such issues, but I've been pleasantly proved wrong.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

There's lots to be found about Ira Siegel. He's a very well-known copyright troll.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @skagerrak said:
    What's wrong with the UK?

On paper, UK doesn't follow DMCA but EUCD. Yet it's on the edge, ie. they basically had to opt for the European regulation, while at the same time, american lobbies can be very strong. That's a general problem in the anglosphere: a very homogeneous mindset under american influence. An instance of how a UK organization used DMCA against a site was a couple years ago when MPA (Music Publishers Association) sent a DMCA takedown notice (!) to GoDaddy, to take down imslp.org domain (International Music Score Library Project).
    See: a UK business/organization sent a DMCA takedown to a US provider, and the US provider did comply. Legally a complete non-sense. Yet it did happen. IMSLP had to complain of the bogus takedwon, so in the end MPA had to notify GoDaddy to release the domain.
    Not relevant to our hosting matters here, yet significative of how tight UK have put itself in US bed was the McKinnon case.

Besides, UK has also many americans renting servers there for european business. It's also the case in Germany and Netherlands. So in fact one must simply check who's the owner, and avoid all american owned business.

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2014

@Mark_R You misunderstood this

Using torrent with VPN not like using on VPS (seedbox) on VPS you will really need a lot of bandwidth but using it with VPN have a big limit your connection speed and your bandwidth limitation

And the ones who use VPN for torrent it would be just for trackers that blocked their countries IPs

Not all of people using VPN use torrent,most of my clients using it for mobile to be able to use some blocked applications on their countries (Skype, Viber, whatsapp, etc) and to access some mobile markets that is blocked for their countries that is why I get less troubles and need less bandwidth

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@Rami said:
    Mark_R You misunderstood this

Using torrent with VPN not like using on VPS (seedbox) on VPS you will really need a lot of bandwidth but using it with VPN have a big limit your connection speed and your bandwidth limitation

And the ones who use VPN for torrent it would be just for trackers that blocked their countries IPs

Not all of people using VPN use torrent,most of my clients using it for mobile to be able to use some blocked applications on their countries (Skype, Viber, whatsapp, etc) and to access some mobile markets that is blocked for their countries that is why I get less troubles and need less bandwidth

I misunderstood what? i know the difference between a VPS and VPN.

You make me feel really uncomfy when i see your replies, it makes me wonder if you have any clue about what you are providing.

No Offence.

• RamiRami Member
    edited January 2014

@Mark_R I did not say that you don't know the difference between a VPS and VPN

I know what I'm providing and I'm doing good in it actually

I just wanted to make it clear why I did not have much troubles with providing VPN to my clients

Anyway thanks for trying to help