Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lunanode - A humble review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lunanode - A humble review

Hello,

I'm an occasional lurker and I finally got around to registering to post this review. Hope you don't mind.

Anyway, a few months ago I picked up a deal from LEB for a storage box (512MB, 450GB deal). Good transfer times, never had any downtime, never had any issues really; the normal, everyday stuff you'd expect from a good provider. However, this isn't really about the normal day to day stuff. This is a story about me completely ruining my KVM box, and having to open a ticket to have the staff fix it for me.

So, it turns out that I had accidentally sent a command I did not mean to. You know the type; rm -rf /why/did/i/just/do/that /crap. Whelp, time to transfer things off and re-image the box.

Nope.

I broke the webserver I was trying to fix, and ssh in the process. Box was completely dead. So I sent in my ticket, and had them give it a hard boot as the normal panel stuff wasn't working its magic. Ticket was answered in a reasonable amount of time, an hour or two, give or take. Not bad considering the time I sent it in. Response is given, and the box is working fairly well for the time being (except for the gaping hole in the directory structure). They even set me up a little virtual box to transfer things between with credit on the account for transfers. Too bad I had already picked up a little dedicated Atom box from a certain French provider that turned out to be absolutely terrible. Oh well.

Going into the panel to re-image it, I find myself another issue; box is stuck in a provisioning state and I cannot re-image it. I go back into the ticket and ask them to fix it for me and they, of course, re-image it for me. So then I transfer things back, delete the VM they setup for me, etc. Problem solved.

This may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but when I can head over to that certain French provider (who shall remain nameless) and not even get the dedicated box setup properly through their automated system three times in a row...It's the little things like this that keep me from throwing my laptop out the window.

This is the ticket, for reference.

This is their site (scrubbed link).

And this is my referral link, if you're feeling generous.

Comments

• I've been having fun with LunaNode's dynamic vpslcoudthingwhatevertheycallit. It looks really nice. The only thing keeping me away from getting a VPS with them is the lack of ipv6 (correct me if I'm wrong, I looked at what they were offering for 5 minutes).

This looks like pretty nice support.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

Obnoxious said: lack of ipv6

Yes, we do not have IPv6 in Chicago, when we roll out Scranton services I think we might support it @hbjlee17

Thanks for the review! We'll try to add a hard reboot option; the problem with provisioning was related to the snapshot bug that we're still investigating.

Thanked by 1rtp