[OPINION] Server Monitoring.
Hi LET Members,
It's my first post on this board so it will also be a kind of introduction too ! I was a reader before and I now want to be more "active" on the community. I, of course (lol), have some LEB (some not so low end too) and two dedicated servers. I actually monitor most of them with UptimeRobot and MonitorUS for the "hobby's" ones. But for the "prodution's" ones what would you advise ? I have some internal monitors but I really really prefer cloud based service because :
- They can test your server from basically everywhere in the world
- They have multiple access to the www, multiple ways of notification, etc.
- They have advanced features (not as advanced as Nagios for example but enough for me)
- And the main argument for me, most of time you don't need to monitor the monitor ! :-)
Thanks for your answers.
- Server Monitoring Preference.57 votes
- MonitorUS  1.75%
- Something else...36.84%
- I'm a warrior and I don't need monitoring !10.53%