Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spare Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard License
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spare Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard License

n0myn0my Member

Does anyone has a spare Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition License?
If anyone kind enough to give me one would be great. I will be using this for a year or 2 so it's not going to be wasted.

Thanks

Comments

• Those are rather expensive. I doubt someone would just give you one.

• Also, if all you want is a windows vps you can look at winity.io.

• If you are a student, you may want to consider signing up for Microsoft's Dreamspark, which allows you access to many of Microsoft products for perusing (non-commercial of course).

• I need it on a dedicated server. I am no longer a student and subscription has been cancelled. Any students here that can share please?

• @n0my said:
    I need it on a dedicated server. I am no longer a student and subscription has been cancelled. Any students here that can share please?

Nice try pushing others to violate the Microsoft EULA.

• n0myn0my Member
    edited January 2014

skagerrak said: Nice try pushing others to violate the Microsoft EULA.

I am sorry, I didn't know.
    I don't want anyone to violate anything mate.

• This guy has Windows Server 2008 R2 licenses the cheapest your ever going to find. I got a Windows Server 2012 R2 license from him no problem so he is legit. I'm not sure though if he has any left so you'll have to contact him.

Thanked by 1n0my
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@ub3rstar said:
    This guy has Windows Server 2008 R2 licenses the cheapest your ever going to find. I got a Windows Server 2012 R2 license from him no problem so he is legit. I'm not sure though if he has any left so you'll have to contact him.

He "lost" the COAs... hmm, sure sounds legit to me!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@ub3rstar said:
    This guy has Windows Server 2008 R2 licenses the cheapest your ever going to find. I got a Windows Server 2012 R2 license from him no problem so he is legit. I'm not sure though if he has any left so you'll have to contact him.

So because you bought from him, he is legit?
    Just curious if thats the criterias we go by these days.

• edited January 2014

@qps said:
    He "lost" the COAs... hmm, sure sounds legit to me!

I saw that and was like "Hmm, lost the COA's for ALL of those licenses..."

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2014

@ub3rstar said:

You know that without the COA you don't have a legal windows license?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Ouch

• Retail package without COA is definitely not a legitimate copy.

New 2008 R2 Retail OEM package goes around at $600+, so I guess you need a lot of luck for getting a free copy.

• I have went ahead and installed Windows Server 2012 Standard. I had a key for that on my msdn account.