Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage dedi in the US with i3 or similar CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage dedi in the US with i3 or similar CPU

Looking for a dedi around the $50 mark, need at least 2TB storage (redundancy not needed), more better. CPU needs to be an i3 or equivalent at minimum. 4GB or more RAM, preferably 16GB. 100MBit with 2TB bandwidth. Already tried the el cheapo international providers (OVH, Online, Hetzner) but the latency+inconsistent speeds make it not worth the price.

Comments

• Dedi ? i found most of them was out of stock. But for VPS with that storage maybe you can go to @Serverian and the other dedicated was from @qps

• c0yc0y Member

Also checkout @Fliphost with awesome storage deals :-)

• The transfer speeds over SSHFS/NFS/whatever aren't fast enough to have things streamed from a Backupsy mount, unfortunately. As for Fliphost, they're still pretty new to the business and last I checked, they aren't going to be running their (mess of a) BF promo deal again (not to mention the cheap offloading of the 5520/5420 servers are gone from eBay now-- these were $200 a pop with 72GB RAM and 1TB disks a few weeks before Fliphost started their deals).

• @rgnvldr said:
    The transfer speeds over SSHFS/NFS/whatever aren't fast enough to have things streamed from a Backupsy mount, unfortunately. As for Fliphost, they're still pretty new to the business and last I checked, they aren't going to be running their (mess of a) BF promo deal again (not to mention the cheap offloading of the 5520/5420 servers are gone from eBay now-- these were $200 a pop with 72GB RAM and 1TB disks a few weeks before Fliphost started their deals).

I think c0y was referring to the VPS storage plans of Fliphost.

• The RAM is the limit there-- 256MB, meaning I'd have to mount it elsewhere, bring both the price up ($55 for the 2GB storage VPS + whatever else for the workhorse VPS). They also don't have the best routing for Comcast, at least up in the Seattle area-- averaging 800KB/s to an old dedi box with em, whereas other equipment I have in Dallas (Colo4 for instance) I'm able to hit 8MB/s or so.

• said: Already tried the el cheapo international providers (OVH

Did you try OVH in BHS? It's a totally different beast hehe...

Thanked by 2Dylan tux