Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Resolved] what happened with the network of delimiter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Resolved] what happened with the network of delimiter

hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
edited January 2014 in Reviews

I have a BL460C with them, and I'm feel their network is good, the wget cachefly tests are always > 100M/s,

but today, when I test again, wget from cachefly is only about 6M/s, wget from Linode Atlanta even only have 300K/s, I was shocked, I don't know what happened?

my friend also have a BL460C with them, he also test it just now, the same result as mine...

edit: Resolved now :)

Comments

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@MarkTurner

please help look into this issue, it should not be the server's issue, perhaps someone are abusing the whole network? thanks ...

• It's best to use "wget -O/dev/null ..." if you want to test the network speed.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @hotsnow - its NOT a server issue, there are network issues which we're investigating at the moment.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @hotsnow - What is your Delimiter ticket number for this issue?

• @MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - What is your Delimiter ticket number for this issue?

Ticket #675241, thanks.

• @rds100 said:
    It's best to use "wget -O/dev/null ..." if you want to test the network speed.

thanks, I'll use this next time :)

• @hotsnow - that should be your first point of contact and they will update you. They should have put a notice on their client website under the network section already as we gave them notice about 8 hours ago that there were disturbances.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - that should be your first point of contact and they will update you. They should have put a notice on their client website under the network section already as we gave them notice about 8 hours ago that there were disturbances.

yep, I've got the quickly reply on that ticket just now, thank you :)

• I got to give it to you @MarkTurner - You're one of the most professional people here. I'm not even a customer at the moment but I have confidence in your support.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @ztec - thanks

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@ztec said:
    I got to give it to you MarkTurner - You're one of the most professional people here. I'm not even a customer at the moment but I have confidence in your support.

I'm totally agree,

@MarkTurner really helped us a lot at here and I'm really want to say "Thank you, sir!" :)

• Network is not performing too well right now to say the least. Hopefully fixed soon!

• @Johnny__ said:
    Network is not performing too well right now to say the least. Hopefully fixed soon!

yep, although still less stable now, but at least already recovered a lot :)

• hotsnow said: ep, although still less stable now, but at least already recovered a lot :)

I lose my connection to ssh about once every hour, it's almost as if their network completely dies for a few minutes. How is it for you?

• @Johnny__ it looks like some form of DDOS, they are resolving it at the moment. Give it about another hour and I think things will be normal again

• @MarkTurner said:
    Johnny__ it looks like some form of DDOS, they are resolving it at the moment. Give it about another hour and I think things will be normal again

I've also a little worried that these network issues in recently days will also cause the IPv6's allocation delay, my IPv6 request ticket which sent 2 weeks ago still not get any reply

• @hotsnow - PM me your ticket number and when this drama is over I'll ask them to expedite for you

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - PM me your ticket number and when this drama is over I'll ask them to expedite for you

PM sent, many thanks :)

• Looking better now -

wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2014-01-07 16:03:20-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net...
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[==================================================================================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 108M/s in 0.9s

2014-01-07 16:03:21 (108 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

Approx 800Mbps

• @Johnny__ said:

I was having issues with remote desktop yesterday. Every 2 minutes or so it'd freeze and disconnect, then reconnect. I guess now I know why.

• @DaxterFellowes - how is it looking now?

• edited January 2014

www.speedtest.net/result/3214488406.png

Appears to be back on par. I'll monitor it the rest of the day more vigilant.

@MarkTurner - Do you know how sales@delimiter works, in regards to emailing. I don't know if it's ticket or email based

• Looks a lot better now!

• What i can say from the whole thread experience is that the response is very good as of now...

• @daxterfellowes - Good to see the network test. Steve has it all going to a shared mailbox, its a pain! Is there something you are waiting on?

@Johnny__ - Good!

Hopefully this drama is finished, I'll get the RFO (or RFPO ;) ) when it is released.

• @MarkTurner - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19672/host-issues-with-ipmi-and-hardware

Looking to potentially replace my host of a second machine. Support had me send an email to sales so they could better assist me in seeing if there was anything they could work out.

• @daxterfellowes - I just posted on your thread. What spec do you need - PM me if you prefer.