Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online Radio Setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online Radio Setup

sktanmoysktanmoy Member
edited March 2012 in Help

I want to use one of my vps as a radio hosting. I'll just play some mp3 (about 300) files automatically and continuously, no live stream is needed. So a playlist should be helpful for me, perhaps. Anyone can suggest me how can I do that?

Comments

• I haven't used it in a while but I would probably try shoutcast w/ winamp. I know they have a linux version of the server. I am not sure if its free, but last I used it is was for non-commercial use.

• flyfly Member

icecast with winamp.

• @kbar said: icecast with winamp.

Assuming the songs are in the VPS... no Winamp ¬¬

• @yomero, Yes, I'll keep all files in my VPS and just play those one by one and continuously. So what may help me when I don't have whmsonic/autodj?

• @sktanmoy said: @yomero, Yes, I'll keep all files in my VPS and just play those one by one and continuously. So what may help me when I don't have whmsonic/autodj?

I haven't played too much with icecast. What I've used is VLC n_n

Probably isn't the easier one :P (IIRC "ices" is good too :P )

• Something like ices+icecast would be good for pure CLI. You could install Airtime, which is a free radio station web manager.. thing. Could be pretty weighty, though.

• Are you expecting to have an audience, or are you trying to listen to your music from multiple locations or on the go?

• @Damian, I'll use that for people who can listen some selected songs from our website.

• Subsonic