Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Hungary succumbs to dmca
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hungary succumbs to dmca

Comments

  • jenkkijenkki Member

    Sue them

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    Based on map, Romania is next, then Moldova.

  • VoidVoid Member

    @yoursunny said:
    Romania is next

    Thanked by 1ehab
  • edited July 10

    Unsurprising since EUCD actually has provisions, which are quite similar to DMCA. This can pretty much be expected to become the status quo all across the EU, just that in some places it'll take little longer than in others. If one is looking for a heterogeneous legal landscape the EU simply isn't much of a place to be.

  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

    @yoursunny said:
    Based on map, Romania is next, then Moldova.

  • LeviLevi Member
    edited July 10

    @FlorinMarian said:

    @yoursunny said:
    Based on map, Romania is next, then Moldova.

    You will sing like a blue bird:

    ServerAstra initially rejected requests for information, arguing that personal information was protected by its privacy policy and EU privacy law (GDPR). This resulted in a lawsuit at a court in Hamburg, Germany, which required the company to pay a hefty fine for its refusal to cooperate.

    Thanked by 1adly
  • The relentless march of U.S. and E.U. globalism is spreading like an uninvited plague, stretching its tentacles to the farthest corners of the globe.

  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

    @yoursunny said: Based on map, Romania is next, then Moldova.

    >

    Surely if this happens we will move to another country with the servers, DMCA is not a crime, and everyone should have access to the internet for free, that's why we support projects like Z-Lib and Annas archives

    Write even in our ToS > https://ihostart.com/termeni-si-conditii/index.html

    Regards

  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

    @deadorbit said:
    The relentless march of U.S. and E.U. globalism is spreading like an uninvited plague, stretching its tentacles to the farthest corners of the globe.

    This.

    Whatever 'ilegal' rising/popular website gets into USA attention, no matter the country, game over sooner or later.

    Thanked by 1Dante
  • conceptconcept Member

    Time to move your servers to Russia and Asia.

  • They will just move to non EU, European countries or switch to a more anon service or use a rotating front proxy which changes so often it would be impossible to nail down a specific host.

    @armandorg said:

    @deadorbit said:
    The relentless march of U.S. and E.U. globalism is spreading like an uninvited plague, stretching its tentacles to the farthest corners of the globe.

    This.

    Whatever 'ilegal' rising/popular website gets into USA attention, no matter the country, game over sooner or later.

    kind of but also megaupload was targeted hard by the US government and mega.nz is still up and a well known host of pirated content with the owner still being safe in new zealand.

    Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @concept said:
    Time to move your servers to Russia and Asia.

    might be cheaper to pay for your content then to pay the BW costs in Asia lol.

  • zGatozGato Member

    @BruhGamer12 said:

    @concept said:
    Time to move your servers to Russia and Asia.

    might be cheaper to pay for your content then to pay the BW costs in Asia lol.

    Russia Kaliningrad :p

  • gwnd1989gwnd1989 Member

    Habibi come to sri lanka lol

  • kaitkait Member

    @zGato said: Russia Kaliningrad :p

    Are there any DCs there?

  • zGatozGato Member

    @kait said:

    @zGato said: Russia Kaliningrad :p

    Are there any DCs there?

    Probably ISP-owned? Never heard of any though, but there must be servers there.

  • kaitkait Member

    @zGato said: Probably ISP-owned? Never heard of any though, but there must be servers there.

    peeringdb shows a single one that is indeed ISP owned, might be interesting but sanctions :)

  • zGatozGato Member
    edited July 11

    @kait said:

    @zGato said: Probably ISP-owned? Never heard of any though, but there must be servers there.

    peeringdb shows a single one that is indeed ISP owned, might be interesting but sanctions :)

    You can still easily pay to Russian entities and move hardware there. Shouldn't be a big problem. I think from Gdańsk there's a direct road to Kaliningrad.

  • kaitkait Member

    @zGato said: You can still easily pay to Russian entities and move hardware there. Shouldn't be a big problem. I think from Gdańsk there's a direct road to Kaliningrad.

    I can't for reasons.

  • bootboot Member

    @kait said: I can't for reasons.

    What a pussy.

  • kaitkait Member

    @boot said: What a pussy.

    I want to keep my job :)

  • LeviLevi Member

    @kait said:

    @boot said: What a pussy.

    I want to keep my job :)

    Don’t explain your reason to fck ruzzian economy.

    Thanked by 1TheGreatOakley
  • kaitkait Member

    @Levi said: Don’t explain your reason to fck ruzzian economy.

    I do not care, I like money and piracy. But there are still some EU countries left that haven't died yet.

    Thanked by 1lzy666
  • LeviLevi Member

    @kait said:

    @Levi said: Don’t explain your reason to fck ruzzian economy.

    I do not care, I like money and piracy. But there are still some EU countries left that haven't died yet.

    Yea, until their asn not on “notorious list”.

  • rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

    @concept said:
    Time to move your servers to Russia and Asia.

    In Russia, DMCA does not work in a legal sense, but this does not mean that copyrighted material is not protected.

    Due to the current situation, the position of law enforcement has become more lenient than it was earlier, but if the authors have a representative inside Russia, this can still be a problem for the host or distributor of illegal material.

    Thanked by 1default
  • riderrider Member

    @yoursunny said: Based on map, Romania is next, then Moldova.

    Moldova?? Mmm... It may be in the next century. What's about Georgia?

  • JasonMJasonM Member

    everyone forgot China.

  • LeviLevi Member
    Thanked by 110thHouse
Sign In or Register to comment.