Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't have the 4th of July sell this year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why don't have the 4th of July sell this year?

I have been waiting for this for a while. It's time to make some noise.

Comments

• checks calendar, still june, goes back to sleep

• It's been postponed to 4th of August this year.

• MrRadicMrRadic Member, Host Rep, Veteran

Prices are quickly increasing. Data centers are out of power, and it's becoming a pay to play situation.

• mrclownmrclown Member

Summer is over.

• emghemgh Member

@MrRadic said:
    Prices are quickly increasing. Data centers are out of power, and it's becoming a pay to play situation.

Maybe your prices are.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@sugarman said:

Because majority of people are not in the USA so very few actually care about July 4th.. People here make a big deal about Black Friday.. Be happy there is interest in one of the USA holidays.. ;)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

What is 4th July?

Thanked by 2Frameworks mikei
  • lirrrlirrr Member

ryzen 9 with 8gb ram 10gbps 100TB - 2$ per year please

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member

@HostSlick said:
    What is 4th July?

Hey I recently asked a question on one of your posts, could u take a look.

• emghemgh Member

@HostSlick said:
    What is 4th July?

The day of the french revolution (independence from king)

Thanked by 1HostSlick
    edited June 28

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

Maybe your prices are.

Yes, our data center pricing has increased over 50% in the last couple of years. Two of the data centers we're currently in are completely at power capacity.

90% of the data centers I've shopped in major metro areas have < 200KW of power remaining or are at power capacity (with tons of physical space available).

I'm just passing along the info I have from a provider perspective.

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • @MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

Maybe your prices are.

Yes, our data center pricing has increased over 50% in the last couple of years. Two of the data centers we're currently in are completely at power capacity.

90% of the data centers I've shopped in major metro areas have < 200KW of power remaining or are at power capacity (with tons of physical space available).

I really hope all this investment in GPUs for AI doesn't end up going down the drain like it happened with crypto. Because it's honestly getting tiring having to put up with all of this shit.

• sugarmansugarman Member

@kevinds said:

@sugarman said:

Because majority of people are not in the USA so very few actually care about July 4th.. People here make a big deal about Black Friday.. Be happy there is interest in one of the USA holidays.. ;)

I bought one at Black Friday, and they had ran off few days ago 😅

• emghemgh Member

@MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

Maybe your prices are.

I mean I was basically shitposting, but the prices I’m paying for hosting are (inflation-adjusted) way down. Hetzner’s pricing is incredible.

• stxshstxsh Member

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

Maybe your prices are.

I mean I was basically shitposting, but the prices I’m paying for hosting are (inflation-adjusted) way down. Hetzner’s pricing is incredible.

Hetzner is an outliner though, can't compare normal hosting to what they're doing -- which is likely still operating at a loss.

• lukast__lukast__ Member

@stxsh said: which is likely still operating at a loss.

120.9 Mio € profit in 2022

Thanked by 2stxsh emgh
  • stxshstxsh Member

@lukast__ said:

Honestly, I was just being dismissive of using them for a comparison. They've got a sound business plan that they invested a lot in to. Their upfront investment and business structure have set them apart though -- but not a reasonable comparison to low end vendors imo.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@stxsh said:

@lukast__ said:

Honestly, I was just being dismissive of using them for a comparison. They've got a sound business plan that they invested a lot in to. Their upfront investment and business structure have set them apart though -- but not a reasonable comparison to low end vendors imo.

They still pay for electricity, like everyone else.

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

Maybe your prices are.

Hetz pricing has increased up to 50% for some configurations in the last few months.

• emghemgh Member

@MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

Maybe your prices are.

Hetz pricing has increased up to 50% for some configurations in the last few months.

That would be their auctions. They’re up and down. Show 50 % increases in their normal lines (EX & AX).

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

@emgh said:

@MrRadic said:

Maybe your prices are.

That would be their auctions. They’re up and down. Show 50 % increases in their normal lines (EX & AX).

I was referring to the auctions

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ralfralf Member

@HostSlick said:
    What is 4th July?

The day the UK has national elections and almost everybody expects that we will be seeing a change of government. It's been pre-emptively nicknamed "Independence Day" and for some reason, our American brethren seem unusually excited about UK politics this year - some of them are even taking a day of holiday to mark the occasion and I'm sure they'll be glued to their TVs watching the swing-o-meter.

Thanked by 1Envida