Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Bandwidth Dedicated Server Request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Bandwidth Dedicated Server Request

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a server with the following specs:

2x Intel Xeon E5-2680v4 (or similar)
128GB RAM
2x 4TB NVMe disks
3G unmetered on a 10G port

Location is flexible, but the provider should be lenient with copyright complaints (user-generated content).

Thanks!

Comments

• berrybyteberrybyte Member, Host Rep

What> @wa44io4 said:

What's your budget? Might help narrow down the search.

Thanked by 2host_c wa44io4
  • layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@wa44io4 said:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a server with the following specs:

2x Intel Xeon E5-2680v4 (or similar)
    128GB RAM
    2x 4TB NVMe disks
    3G unmetered on a 10G port

Location is flexible, but the provider should be lenient with copyright complaints (user-generated content).

Thanks!

Hi,

what means "lenient" exactly? Ignore? Or just not turn you off instantly with the 1st complain?

And yes, budget would be interesting.

In general a similar server could be offered around 399,- EUR / month

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • wa44io4wa44io4 Member

@layer7 said: what means "lenient" exactly? Ignore? Or just not turn you off instantly with the 1st complain?

By "lenient" I meant that the provider is not very strict or rigid in enforcing copyright policies. They should be more tolerant and flexible when dealing with copyright complaints.

I personally take such abuse seriously and will promptly remove the complained content.

• wa44io4wa44io4 Member

@berrybyte said: What's your budget? Might help narrow down the search.

I would comfortable with something around $300 but yeah cheaper is definitely better as I am not looking for the most premium network out there :smile:

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 28

@MrRadic (ReliableSite) isn't too far off, you buy real unmetered bandwidth though, so you won't be able to get "3G unmetered on a 10G port"

But they do offer:

• 3 Gbps Unmetered $190.00 USD
    • 5 Gbps Unmetered $350.00 USD
    • 10 Gbps Unmetered $599.00 USD

So if 3G real unmetered bandwidth is interesting, it would probably fit into your budget

5G unmetered will push it but not by too much

If you need the burst capabilities they're probably not for you, as 10G unmetered is $599

Thanked by 2wa44io4 MrRadic
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@wa44io4 said:

@berrybyte said: What's your budget? Might help narrow down the search.

I would comfortable with something around $300 but yeah cheaper is definitely better as I am not looking for the most premium network out there :smile:

Hi,

If you're ok with SATA SSD, I could do something within your budget. :)

• conceptconcept Member

Tube-Hosting is probably the only place that would do something like this.. There are some US providers like mentioned above but the "lenient with copyright complaints" will definitely be a issue.

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

hello,

What is Budget? I can do 90€/Gbit.
    So arround 270€ for 3gbit plus Server of course.

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • wa44io4wa44io4 Member

@HostSlick said:
    hello,

my budget is around $300

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@wa44io4 said:

@HostSlick said:
    hello,

my budget is around $300

Ah sorry. I have to pass then. Very low.

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • wa44io4wa44io4 Member

@concept said:
    Tube-Hosting is probably the only place that would do something like this.. There are some US providers like mentioned above but the "lenient with copyright complaints" will definitely be a issue.

I attempted to contact them, understanding it's the weekend, but it has been quite difficult to get a quote.

• daemon97daemon97 Member

@emgh said:
    @MrRadic (ReliableSite) isn't too far off, you buy real unmetered bandwidth though, so you won't be able to get "3G unmetered on a 10G port"

Be careful, don't use ReliableSite if you plan to run public VPN, Tor relays, seedboxes or the like. ReliableSite can get strict on abuse and has (had?) a few 'unwritten' policies. If you expect abuse break the bank and go QuadraNet, Psychz or DataPacket.

If you're running a website (e.g. social media) and need ReliableSite then I'd say pair it with CloudFlare or Fastly.

However, the server OP wants is more like $700-800 USD.

Thanked by 1wa44io4