Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for NJ Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for NJ Colocation

VexeliaVexelia Member
edited June 27 in Requests

Hi everyone,

I'm compiling a spreadsheet of colocation providers and their respective pricing in Secaucus or a nearby area in New Jersey. I would prefer a provider located in either North or Central Jersey.​ I’d like to look into all possible options before deciding on a colocation provider hence this post. If you know of any, please tag them or share their website in the comments. Thanks!

I'm not interested in locations in New York City even if they are close such as Chelsea. I'm going to either way need a cross connect to Evocative EWR-1.

Thanked by 1homelabber

Comments

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

If you need a connection to EWR-1 might as well go there?

Since you said NYC is out I assume that our Staten Island location would also not work for you. Who are you trying to connect with?

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • VexeliaVexelia Member
    edited June 27

@PureVoltage said:
    If you need a connection to EWR-1 might as well go there?

Since you said NYC is out I assume that our Staten Island location would also not work for you. Who are you trying to connect with?

We are likely going to colocate with RoyaleHosting, but I wanted to explore all possible options before making a final decision. Either way, we will need a cross connect for RoyaleHosting transit.

Staten Island would not work.

• conceptconcept Member

I know that QTS has three datacenters throughout NJ.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

We can get you colo inside evocative ewr1. Also our own datacenter, coresite, h5, Equinix and evoque in Secaucus.

• akaemuakaemu Member

☝️💯

• VexeliaVexelia Member
    edited June 27

@interservermike said:
    We can get you colo inside evocative ewr1. Also our own datacenter, coresite, h5, Equinix and evoque in Secaucus.

Sounds good! I’ll get in touch whenever I have a moment. :)

Still open to more offers by other providers!

• MrRadicMrRadic Member, Host Rep, Veteran

@concept said:
    I know that QTS has three datacenters throughout NJ.

QTS is at power capacity in Piscataway.

• HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider

Hello,
    We are located in EWR1 as well.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited June 28

@RoyaleHosting may have something available there...

//Edit: Sorry. Missed out you already have services with them. :grimace:

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 28

"EWR1" will likely forever haunt me forever after a ~3 day outage last year.

They were fine before then, no real criticism of Evo, but that was a tough time for sure. From what I see they've been fine ever since too, good to see :)

• @EthernetServers said:
    "EWR1" will likely forever haunt me forever after a ~3 day outage last year.

They were fine before then, no real criticism of Evo, but that was a tough time for sure. From what I see they've been fine ever since too, good to see :)

You want to be in a datacenter with the lowest risk of a fire? Pick one that's had a fire in the past year. Inap basically just operated absolute dumps, sold them to evocative, and now evocative is having to fix what Inap did (or didn't do, in the case of maintenance)

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 28

@Andreix said:

Thank you for the mention anyway :)

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • VexeliaVexelia Member

@Andreix said:

Yes, we love @RoyaleHosting . We’re just exploring all possible options before making a final decision. We’re taking things slowly, and progress on our panels is going well, so I’m now looking into additional options. We plan to use him for transit in New Jersey either way.

Thanked by 1Andreix