Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

torchbyte - Eco-friendly Dedicated Servers & Dedicated Trees!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

torchbyte - Eco-friendly Dedicated Servers & Dedicated Trees!

torchbytetorchbyte Member, Patron Provider
edited June 26 in Offers

Eco-friendly Dedicated Servers

Don't let older hardware gather dust and end up in landfills! Put it to good use and be rewarded with a tree planted in your name.

Sounds great? Here's our plan: We get refurbished hardware with energy-efficient CPUs and plant a tree for everyone that places an order. Plus, you'll receive a photo of your tree!

Eco Dedicated Server #1

• i5-7500T, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD
  • 1Gbps unmetered, DDoS Protected Internet access
  • Plant a tree with your name on it! (and receive a photo of it)
  • 1 IPv4 Address
    Starting from $80 / 3 months (price gets even better for longer billing periods)

Eco Dedicated Server #2

• i3-8100T, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD
  • 1 IPv4 Address
    Starting from $100 / 3 months (price gets even better for longer billing periods)

Eco Dedicated Server #3

• i5-8500T, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD
  • 1 IPv4 Address
    Starting from $110 / 3 months (price gets even better for longer billing periods)

Eco Dedicated Server #4

• i3-9100T, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD
  • 1 IPv4 Address
    Starting from $80 / 3 months (price gets even better for longer billing periods)

Features:

• All CPUs have been designed to be energy-efficient and have a TDP of 35W
  • The CPUs also come with an integrated graphics unit (iGPU) that has Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV). This makes them great for video transcoding.
  • Servers are ran on 100% Green Energy.

Payment methods: Stripe (Card), PayPal, Crypto (BTC, ETH, LTC, USDT, USDC & TUSD)

We know not everybody wants to pay upfront for 3/6/12 months so we'll also add a monthly billing option if we have unsold servers in stock (we will still plant trees for monthly customers).
If you want to go with monthly billing, please check the order form for availability.

Disclaimer: We do not handle the tree planting ourselves, this is done by a non-profit association in Romania.

1U/2U Server Colocation in Bucharest with power included:

• 1U/2U Space
  • Tier III Compliant Datacenter (NXDATA-1)
  • A+B Feed
  • 5x IPv4 Addresses
  • 2x 1Gbit/s ports
  • Free remote hands
  • Cross-connect to any other network
  • 300W Power usage included
    Price: $140/month

Worth mentioning:

• Remote hands work is free as long as you don't "abuse" it (e.g. very long or labour-intensive tasks might come with a fee. This will be communicated before going forward with your remote hands request)

Payment methods: Stripe (Card), PayPal, Crypto (BTC, ETH, LTC, USDT, USDC & TUSD)

We need your help!

Feel free to suggest other services you want us to offer and share your opinion on our current offers - we're always willing to improve!
Do you feel like something's missing? Maybe we'll be able to provide just that!

What would you like seeing in a giveaway?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Looking glass: https://lg-ro-buc.torchbyte.com/
Trustpilot

Thanked by 1homelabber

Comments

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

So when customer cancels, will the tree be cancelled as well?

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

Servers come with kvm/ ipmi?

• ChievoChievo Member

@plumberg said:

Probably cancellation of the tree would be sooner because winter is coming. And romanian people needs wood for the fire ;) Aka post borat gif dancing

Thanked by 2plumberg claudio
  • torchbytetorchbyte Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:

Nope! The tree gets to live forever! (or at least until Putin bombs Romania too)

@plumberg said:
    Servers come with kvm/ ipmi?

We're testing out a system for this but we can't promise it until it's completely stable. My current guess is that yes, it will be available.

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@torchbyte Plant a tree for each time this comment is Thanked or Quoted, LET let's plant a Forest :D

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ObelousObelous Member

Eco-friendly data breaches, my favorite

1 cancellation = 1 tree gets torched

• In what location will the trees be planted? Pics of the tree center, or you're just another basement host to me! /s

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • I sure hope that tree is GDPR ignored. Anyways, what's with the pricing? ~$6.50 more per month for 512GB extra disk and weaker CPU (#2 vs. #4)? With #1 vs. #3 the ~$10/m premium at least gets you 2 extra cores (none of these CPUs seems to have HT) and 2000 multicore passmark points, which definitely is something considering the type of setup. Still the most depressing thing is that all of them come with yolo raid.

• torchbytetorchbyte Member, Patron Provider

@ServerBachelor said:
    In what location will the trees be planted?

The trees will be planted in different locations across Romania

@totally_not_banned said:
    Anyways, what's with the pricing? [....] Still the most depressing thing is that all of them come with yolo raid.

Prices are related to the price we pay for the hardware. We'll have to check which servers support a secondary disk and add that to our website. Thanks for pointing it out!

• LeviLevi Member

Tree planting in Romania :D . I would believe more in getting RAM from swap than this. And eco wave is so 1995. I recall the planet had this fuss with “you buy server - we plant tree”. That forrest was never found.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • stefemanstefeman Member

I hope you don't have any offerings in France.. Especially in Strasbourg's area xD

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @torchbyte said:

@ServerBachelor said:
    In what location will the trees be planted?

The trees will be planted in different locations across Romania

If Romania had any more trees, Transylvania would become Cisylvania. If the whole country is forest, there is no forest to cross. :D

Thanked by 1torchbyte