Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Definition of a "Post" In Service Transfer Rules?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Definition of a "Post" In Service Transfer Rules?

10thHouse10thHouse Member

Assuming this set of service transfer rules still applies, how is a "post" defined? As a unique thread, or do comments count?

Also, are there any rules regarding what payment methods I am required to offer?

Comments

• A post is also a comment.
    But it can be a threat, since the first post of a threat is also a post :)

I’ve seen multiple types of payment methods.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited June 22

@10thHouse said:
    Assuming this set of service transfer rules still applies, how is a "post" defined? As a unique thread, or do comments count?

Every post counts if it's not considered spammy

(For example -- and this isn't exhaustive -- posts that supply invoice numbers or are composed of sentence fragments are considered spammy)

Also, are there any rules regarding what payment methods I am required to offer?

No -- you can also offer a service transfer for free

Thanked by 110thHouse
  • @angstrom said:

@10thHouse said:

(For example -- and this isn't exhaustive -- posts that supply invoice numbers or are composed of sentence fragments are considered spammy)

Thank you!

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @angstrom said:

@10thHouse said:

Oh, one more thing: should I reach out to my hosting provider before I post the transfer thread, to ensure that they can assist in the transfer? Or should I make the thread first?

• skorousskorous Member

@10thHouse said:

@angstrom said:

@10thHouse said:

Oh, one more thing: should I reach out to my hosting provider before I post the transfer thread, to ensure that they can assist in the transfer? Or should I make the thread first?

Would seen like you would want to know in advance if they allow transfers, are going to charge you $10, etc ..

Thanked by 2angstrom 10thHouse

@skorous said:

@10thHouse said:

@angstrom said:

@10thHouse said:

Would seen like you would want to know in advance if they allow transfers, are going to charge you $10, etc ..

Just to echo this, yes, indeed, you should be aware of whether the provider allows service transfers and under what conditions

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 22

@angstrom said:

@10thHouse said:

Wouldn’t that be a giveaway? 😆

Thanked by 1angstrom

@emgh said:

@angstrom said:

@10thHouse said:

Wouldn’t that be a giveaway? 😆

Well, generally, in practice, providers offer giveaways, and ordinary users offer service transfers :)

In any case, we want to allow for the case where an ordinary user wants to offer a simple service transfer for free. (It's rare, but it sometimes happens)

Thanked by 3emgh 10thHouse 0xC7