Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated, Europe, max 10€/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated, Europe, max 10€/month

LunicsLunics Member

Looking for a dedicated server in EU for up to 10€ per month.
I currently have Kimsufi KS-1 and i hope i can get something better…?!
So minimum RAM should be 4GB, minimum disk space should be 200GB, hopefully SSD.
I look forward to your offers. 🫶

Comments

• StrikerrStrikerr Member

Oneprovider Atom C2350

Thanked by 1hecatae
  • somiksomik Member

Used oneprovider. As long as you are ok with 1 ticket reply per day, go with it:

https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france#clearance-deals

• davidedavide Member
    edited June 17

VDS instead of an Atom?

Layer7 — €11.55 / month
    2 Ryzen Cores (dedicated)
    8192 MB RAM
    240 GB NVMe
    51200 GB/month bandwidth
    5.0 Gbps port speed
    IPv4 + IPv6
    France

• kaitkait Member

@Strikerr said:
    Oneprovider Atom C2350

I've heard that oneprovider sucks ass.

• LunicsLunics Member

@davide said:
    VDS instead of an Atom?

Layer7 — €11.55 / month
    2 Ryzen Cores (dedicated)
    8192 MB RAM
    240 GB NVMe
    51200 GB/month bandwidth
    5.0 Gbps port speed
    IPv4 + IPv6
    France

No thanks, needs to be dedicated metal.

• edited June 17

@kait said:

@Strikerr said:
    Oneprovider Atom C2350

Well, i don't think it really matters here as it's pretty much the only option with this budget. OK, i guess Kimsufi might also sell OP something similar at ~10€ or there's someone renting out PIs and comparable ARM boards in Europe but that's really /thread then.

@OP if you actually want some hardware worth mentioning you need to up your budget. Even $20/m would still be seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Edit: I see OP is already with Kimsufi, well, scratch that then. At 10€ it's not going to get much better anyways.

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • pedalapedala Member

Try www.primcast.com. I have a server in Romania for 5 euros per month and I am very satisfied with them.

• kaitkait Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@kait said:

@Strikerr said:
    Oneprovider Atom C2350

Well, i don't think it really matters here as it's pretty much the only option with this budget. OK, i guess Kimsufi might also sell OP something similar at ~10€ or there's someone renting out PIs and comparable ARM boards in Europe but that's really /thread then.

@OP if you actually want some hardware worth mentioning you need to up your budget. Even $20/m would still be seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Edit: I see OP is already with Kimsufi, well, scratch that then. At 10€ it's not going to get much better anyways.

Oh 100% at that budget you're better off with saving it up or something.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • lukast__lukast__ Member

@pedala said:
    Try www.primcast.com. I have a server in Romania for 5 euros per month and I am very satisfied with them.

For how long have you got the server and how is the support and network?

• edited June 17

@lukast__ said:

@pedala said:

Seems to be no longer available anyways. Cheapest server is a $9 AMD Opteron X2150 APU clocked at 1.1GHz. While i don't see any benchmarks for the specific CPU the X2170 clocked at 2.4GHz has a passmark rating of ~800 singlecore and ~1900 multicore, so i guess the $9 APU has about half of that, would be about even to the Oneprovider C2350 singlecore performance and maybe about double for multicore. If that's worth going with some rather unknown provider is everyone's guess (assuming my performance estimate of the X2150 is about correct - i'm probably somewhat overestimating here as it's not even half the clock speed and X2150 seems to be a weaker chip overall, so in the end there might be not much difference to the Atom at all).

@lukast__ said:

@pedala said:

Seems to be no longer available anyways. Cheapest server is a $9 AMD Opteron X2150 APU clocked at 1.1GHz. While i don't see any benchmarks for the specific CPU the X2170 clocked at 2.4GHz has a passmark rating of ~800 singlecore and ~1900 multicore, so i guess the $9 APU has about half of that, would be about even to the Oneprovider C2350 singlecore performance and about double for multicore. If that's worth going with some rather unknown provider is everyone's guess (assuming my performance estimate of the X2150 is about correct).

Under "Custom" (or this link) a server with 32 GB SATA SSD and the same CPU is available for either $5/month in the US or 5€/month in Europe.
    But personally I have no usecase for 5€/month with only 32GB SSD and only 100 Mbit/s. I'd rather simply run something at home and then have 40 Mbit/s up (and fast LAN) (with maybe a 1€ VPS or noez GRE for the static IP), or take a Kimsufi KS-1 with 1 TB HDD for 5.99€/month.

• Best bet would be Mythic Beasts' RPi Lineup: https://www.mythic-beasts.com/order/rpi - better than an Atom at least :wink:

• pedalapedala Member

@lukast__ said:

@pedala said:

I have been with them for 4 months, there were issues with the reinstallation, I contacted them at 2 AM and they were online..GMT+2. When I ordered, they didn't have a 32 GB SSD, and I received a 120 GB one at the same price. I consider them one of the providers I have nothing to complain about, I have no downtime or other issues.. not to mention the price.
    They also have a server room from what I've seen.

Mon Jun 17 10:36:58 PM EEST 2024

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 12 days, 8 hours, 40 minutes
    Processor : AMD Opteron(tm) X2150 APU
    CPU cores : 4 @ 1099.986 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 7.2 GiB
    Swap : 2.1 GiB
    Disk : 107.4 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel : 6.5.13-5-pve
    VM Type : NONE
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:

ISP : Data Room, Inc
    ASN : AS19624 Data Room, Inc
    Host : Data Room SRL

Running fio random mixed R+W disk test with 512k block size...

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda3):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 1.60 MB/s (400) 2.87 MB/s (44)
    Write 1.63 MB/s (408) 3.03 MB/s (47)
    Total 3.23 MB/s (808) 5.90 MB/s (91)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 13.79 MB/s (26) 18.18 MB/s (17)
    Write 15.19 MB/s (29) 19.57 MB/s (19)
    Total 28.98 MB/s (55) 37.75 MB/s (36)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 914 Mbits/sec 922 Mbits/sec --
    Eranium Amsterdam, NL (100G) 924 Mbits/sec 927 Mbits/sec --
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 675 Mbits/sec 846 Mbits/sec --
    Leaseweb Singapore, SG (10G) busy 428 Mbits/sec --
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 796 Mbits/sec 800 Mbits/sec 172 ms
    Leaseweb NYC, NY, US (10G) 854 Mbits/sec 803 Mbits/sec 109 ms
    Edgoo Sao Paulo, BR (1G) 733 Mbits/sec 588 Mbits/sec --
    Thanked by 1lukast__
  • edited June 17

@pedala said:

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 914 Mbits/sec 922 Mbits/sec --
    Eranium Amsterdam, NL (100G) 924 Mbits/sec 927 Mbits/sec --
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 675 Mbits/sec 846 Mbits/sec --
    Leaseweb Singapore, SG (10G) busy 428 Mbits/sec --
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 796 Mbits/sec 800 Mbits/sec 172 ms
    Leaseweb NYC, NY, US (10G) 854 Mbits/sec 803 Mbits/sec 109 ms
    Edgoo Sao Paulo, BR (1G) 733 Mbits/sec 588 Mbits/sec --

Nice network performance considering the box is advertised as 100mbit :D

• LunicsLunics Member

@apricotwtf said:
    Best bet would be Mythic Beasts' RPi Lineup: https://www.mythic-beasts.com/order/rpi - better than an Atom at least :wink:

They only have NFS root filesystems, no local disk. Not interested.

• VoltrinaVoltrina Member

DataIdeas has Raspberry Pi dedicated servers that match your price point:
    Raspberry Pi 4 - 8GB Ram/256GB Drive - Dedicated Server
    Quad Core 1.5GHz
    Raspbian OS
    1 IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6 Address
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    $3.14/mo

They're all out of stock though, so you'll have to wait.
    https://my2.dataideas.com/store/rpi-servers

• LunicsLunics Member

@lukast__ said:

@lukast__ said:

@pedala said:

Seems to be no longer available anyways. Cheapest server is a $9 AMD Opteron X2150 APU clocked at 1.1GHz. While i don't see any benchmarks for the specific CPU the X2170 clocked at 2.4GHz has a passmark rating of ~800 singlecore and ~1900 multicore, so i guess the $9 APU has about half of that, would be about even to the Oneprovider C2350 singlecore performance and about double for multicore. If that's worth going with some rather unknown provider is everyone's guess (assuming my performance estimate of the X2150 is about correct).

Under "Custom" (or this link) a server with 32 GB SATA SSD and the same CPU is available for either $5/month in the US or 5€/month in Europe.

Can you explain how their APU Opteron X2150 is available at different clock speeds? Is it not a dedicated server after all?

• edited June 19

@Lunics said:

@lukast__ said:

@lukast__ said:

@pedala said:

Can you explain how their APU Opteron X2150 is available at different clock speeds? Is it not a dedicated server after all?

The board probably has some way to set it. Lower clock = lower energy consumption and that's usually what people using this kind of hardware are after. Might also be different boards using the same chip though.

• bugisbugis Member

Please share the results of wget -qO- bench.sh | bash
    Oneprovider Atom C2350 Amsterdam and Paris locations. Does it run at 1 GB/s?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited June 20

@bugis said:
    Please share the results of wget -qO- bench.sh | bash
    Oneprovider Atom C2350 Amsterdam and Paris locations. Does it run at 1 GB/s?

Yes , network speed is good.
    The computing power is s—l—o—w

GB5 score is 180.

• bugisbugis Member

anyone has the result wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

• if it may be US: have a look at https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Thanked by 1Lunics
  • edited June 20

@bugis said:

There's probably not many people using these tiny boxes. @dev_vps is not exaggerating when he calls the CPU slow. The only upside really is being bare metal (and therefore dedicated). Performance wise even a very modest VPS will likely be better bang for the buck.

• bugisbugis Member

The CPU performance is indeed low, I used it in 2010, online.net still hasn't changed to Scaleway. but the port speed at that time reached 1G

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@bugis said:

There's probably not many people using these tiny boxes. @dev_vps is not exaggerating when he calls the CPU slow. The only upside really is being bare metal (and therefore dedicated).
    Performance wise even a very modest VPS will likely be better bang for the buck.

My $0.90/month netcup VPS has better performance and 10g data port

• LunicsLunics Member

@wlambrechts said:
    if it may be US: have a look at https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Thanks but for privacy reasons (mail server) i want EU.

• pedalapedala Member

@dev_vps said:

@bugis said:

There's probably not many people using these tiny boxes. @dev_vps is not exaggerating when he calls the CPU slow. The only upside really is being bare metal (and therefore dedicated).
    Performance wise even a very modest VPS will likely be better bang for the buck.

Yes, it has good performance, but many want to use Proxmox... I kept looking for that offer with €0.90 or up to €1, but it is no longer available for new customers.

@pedala said:

@dev_vps said:

@bugis said:

Yes, it has good performance, but many want to use Proxmox... I kept looking for that offer with €0.90 or up to €1, but it is no longer available for new customers.

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=3422 ?
    And @dev_vps, I thought the netcup 1 EUR VPS only had 1Gbps?

Thanked by 1pedala
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited June 21

@pedala said:

@dev_vps said:

@bugis said:

GB6 score for 4 vCore Ryzen / 4 GB / 70 GB
    £ 30 / year
    Yes, it does support ProxMox too

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3976286/#Comment_3976286

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 2305
    Multi Core      | 6621
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/6614941

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@lukast__ said:

@pedala said:

@dev_vps said:

@bugis said:

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=3422 ?
    And @dev_vps, I thought the netcup 1 EUR VPS only had 1Gbps?

Since you mentioned it, I need to check it again
    I may have misstated about data port speed

Thanks, @lukast__

Thanked by 1lukast__