Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seek help about IPMI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seek help about IPMI

skyandyskyandy Member

I purchased a server from panel.op-net, but when I tried to connect to VNC using IPMI, I couldn't start the program. I've tried using Java versions 7 and 8, but neither worked. I don't know how to proceed,
The following error prompts are displayed:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:(https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:443/iKVM.jar?version-id=1.69.13.0x0, 1.69.13.0x0)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Comments

• skyandyskyandy Member

But my IPMI web version can log in normally, but VNC cannot start. I see that the IPMI firmware version is:
    Firmware Revision : 01.64
    Firmware Build Time : 2012-05-08

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@skyandy said:
    But my IPMI web version can log in normally, but VNC cannot start. I see that the IPMI firmware version is:

I'm guessing this is a supermicro box?
    If so you would have better luck with downloading IPMIView https://www.supermicro.com/en/support/resources/downloadcenter/smsdownload

I would also check the motherboard against supermicro's website and see if there is a firmware update for IPMI and if so it may have the html5 update.

• skyandyskyandy Member

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@skyandy said:

If so you would have better luck with downloading IPMIView https://www.supermicro.com/en/support/resources/downloadcenter/smsdownload

I would also check the motherboard against supermicro's website and see if there is a firmware update for IPMI and if so it may have the html5 update.

Hello, do I need to contact my server to help me upgrade IPMI

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@skyandy said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@skyandy said:

If you wish, you can.

But it can be done from your side too, assuming you have administrator access to IPMI and not operator access.

• skyandyskyandy Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@skyandy said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@skyandy said:

If you wish, you can.

But it can be done from your side too, assuming you have administrator access to IPMI and not operator access.

I have checked and I do not have this permission. What else can I do? I need VNC, please help

• CalmDownCalmDown Member

If it's oneprovider, then it's old Dell stuff.

You should use a really-really old Java version, otherwise, it won't work.

Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@skyandy said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@skyandy said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@skyandy said:

If you wish, you can.

I have checked and I do not have this permission. What else can I do? I need VNC, please help

Are you with operator permission?

Is there any auto-install function on their panel?(if yes, install Debian/Ubuntu and use SUM to upgrade IPMI.)

if not, ticket in.

• skyandyskyandy Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@skyandy said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@skyandy said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@skyandy said:

If you wish, you can.

Are you with operator permission?

Is there any auto-install function on their panel?(if yes, install Debian/Ubuntu and use SUM to upgrade IPMI.)

if not, ticket in.

It seems that I can only contact my service provider because I don't have the authority to do so

@skyandy what does the login page look like for the IPMI?

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Not sure if this will be helpful but with the older versions of ILO/iDrac/IPMI stuff i found life a bit easier having a virtual machine (say Virtualbox or something) running with Windows 7 to get access to the VNC portion.

That mixed with whitelisting the IPMI's IP Address/URL on the java security list.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

I always keep this KB from extravm handy for these cases...

https://extravm.com/billing/knowledgebase/147/How-to-open-Java-.jnlp-web-start-KVM-IPMI-on-Windows-10-11-Chrome.html

Never failed me for older java stuff yet.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 17

Reading this i almost got ptsd like flashbackbacks about those old java based kvmip applets for IPMI...

I'm so happy to have phased out those things in favor of hardware that has the html5 viewers for kvmip.

• MoopahMoopah Member

@SGraf said:
    Reading this i almost got ptsd like flashbackbacks about those old java based kvmip applets for IPMI...

I'm so happy to have phased out those things in favor of hardware that has the html5 viewers for kvmip.

I am traumatized by SuperMicro Java KVM applets for IPMI...

• skyandyskyandy Member

@entrailz said:
    I always keep this KB from extravm handy for these cases...

https://extravm.com/billing/knowledgebase/147/How-to-open-Java-.jnlp-web-start-KVM-IPMI-on-Windows-10-11-Chrome.html

Never failed me for older java stuff yet.

Hello, I have checked but he no longer provides a JVM. May I ask if you have a JVM? Can you give me a copy

• skyandyskyandy Member

@SGraf said:

Unfortunately, you don't have a server with 16GB of memory at home. 32GB is too much for me

• conceptconcept Member

@Zappie said:
    Not sure if this will be helpful but with the older versions of ILO/iDrac/IPMI stuff i found life a bit easier having a virtual machine (say Virtualbox or something) running with Windows 7 to get access to the VNC portion.

That mixed with whitelisting the IPMI's IP Address/URL on the java security list.

This ^

That is what I had to do on multiple occasions with old dell/hp servers.

• skyandyskyandy Member

@concept said:

@Zappie said:

This ^

That is what I had to do on multiple occasions with old dell/hp servers.

Hello, do you have any way to connect to IPMI's VNC

• old supermicro mostly run with java6 or you can download ipmiview utility from their website

• skyandyskyandy Member

@suushii02 said:
    old supermicro mostly run with java6 or you can download ipmiview utility from their website

Oneprovider does not provide the download of this software, and it has been 3 days since SSH cannot be accessed or adjusted

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@skyandy said:
    Oneprovider does not provide the download of this software, and it has been 3 days since SSH cannot be accessed or adjusted

IPMIView is from SuperMicro.. Try the recent version but you will likely need hunt and find an older version.

• jperkinsjperkins Member

did the op ever confirm supermicro ?

@jperkins said:

You can still power cycle it without KVM access for something to try.

@jperkins said:

I have seen those exact messages on the SuperMicro IPMIs, until the OP says otherwise, that is what I am going with.

@jperkins said:

I have seen those exact messages on the SuperMicro IPMIs, until the OP says otherwise, that is what I am going with.

Alright then. I have IPMIView 2.17 for Linux. Appx 100 MB . Works with x8/x9 series server. I would image the provider has this locked down a somewhat due to security issues. Pm me if this will help. I don't use it. Firefox / iced tea works for me

edited June 19

So lets hope this gets things moving. If you're still stuck after getting the IPMITool program the output of these commands will be helpful. prolly dont want to post the actual IP's and users listed.

run each as root on your dedicated server. you may need to install the appropriate programs

dmidecode -t 2
    ipmitool lan print 
    ipmitool user list 1

Lol just realized you may not have any access to the machine right now.

edited June 19

@kevinds said:

@skyandy said:

IPMIView is from SuperMicro.. Try the recent version but you will likely need hunt and find an older version.

negative. The latest from IPMIView works.

@DataIdeas-Josh said: I'm guessing this is a supermicro box?

Here is the link for that.
    I use it for some x9 supermicro boxes and the software is running on windows 11

• BayuBayu Member

@skyandy said:

@suushii02 said:
    old supermicro mostly run with java6 or you can download ipmiview utility from their website

Download java 7 portable/zip package, this does not need to be installed. Then you can execute the java applet file (jnlp) with /path to java 7/bin/javaws.exe

edited June 19

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    negative. The latest from IPMIView works.

Which part? Trying the latest version?

Without knowing which generation the OP is trying to access, it is hard to say that the latest version works.

The last time I saw those messages they were from a X7SBL, which is significantly older than the X9 it does work on, and the latest versions did not work. I'm happy to finally be rid of that system though. ;)

• woodster050woodster050 Member, Host Rep

Have you tried turning it off and on again...

@skyandy said:

so yea thats gonna be pretty old. older than X8

--- x9 series --- X9DRD-LF
    Firmware Revision : 03.39
    Firmware Build Time : 2015-02-03
    ---- x8 series ---- X8DTU-F
    Firmware Revision : 3.15
    Firmware Build Time : Dec 21 2016 16:02:51

@skyandy said:

I believe, but I could be wrong, I believe 1.66 is the latest update.. Not that it fixes your issue..

My suggestion is to install Windows 7 32-bit on something and install a version of Java from that time period..

How much are you paying for that system? DDR2 memory..