Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS with Email ports open and good rep for business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS with Email ports open and good rep for business

HAMSWHAMSW Member
edited June 16 in Requests

Hello,

Looking for 500GB, 1TB, 1.5TB and 2TB VPS offers for business emails (no spam or email marketing, usually ~90 or less mails sent per day).

Dedicated IPv4 is a must, IPv6 appreciated if available.

Would be nice to have but definitely not mandatory :-
*Scalable/Upgradable
*EU Location
*NVMe or SSD boot drive

IP Can't be blacklisted

Comments

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

I see no reason for you to combine email storage (server providing POP3/IMAP service or even inbound SMTP) and email relay (outbound SMTP).

• emghemgh Member

Self hosted email with a single rented IP in a provider’s block with other IPs having port 25 open and zero backup for when the IP’s blocked, for a business?

• Get any storage VPS that triggers your fancy and just add a mails service (mxroute, mail.baby, ...) on top of it. It's neither worth narrowing your VPS options down by the mailing requirement nor the general headache that comes with it. In the end you might even be paying less overall as you have way more providers to choose from.

Thanked by 3tentor HAMSW emgh
  • davidedavide Member

With port 25 open:

Layer7 — €4.75 / month
    2 Intel Cores (shared)
    8192 MB RAM
    1024 GB HDD
    25600 GB/month bandwidth
    1.0 Gbps port speed
    IPv4 + IPv6
    Germany

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@HAMSW said: Can't be blacklisted

Even if the IP isn't blacklisted at the start, it may get blacklisted -- more easily than you think

As others have said, relying on a single IP for outgoing business mail is not a reliable strategy nowadays

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • HAMSWHAMSW Member
    edited June 16

@tentor @emgh @totally_not_banned @angstrom I don't necessarily disagree with you all but I was thinking it'll be fine as a start especially that the VPS will be hosting a single domain - 3 at max. - all for the same client.

Relaying emails could be considered later on.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • emghemgh Member

@HAMSW said:
    @tentor @emgh @totally_not_banned @angstrom I don't necessarily disagree with you all but I was thinking it'll be fine as a start especially that the VPS will be hosting a single domain - 3 at max. - all for the same client.

Not too many $ a year at @NameCrane to get good email relaying, might be worth it even from the start.

Thanked by 2NameCrane HAMSW
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@HAMSW said: Relaying emails could be considered later on.

For such low volume as you do plan to have, relaying through external service is the best choice IMO.

Thanked by 2emgh HAMSW
  • edited June 16

@HAMSW said:

Have you actually looked at the respective plans? You could get MXRoute at $30 for 3 years (https://accounts.mxroute.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=251) and if i understand mail.baby's pricing correctly you'd be looking at a staggering $1.60/m. Is that cost cutting really worth the hassle of being discriminated against by pretty much any major email provider? I mean your client might want to send emails to outlook and friends after all? Not mention all the hoops you'll need to jump through just make delivery at least somewhat work.

Thanked by 2emgh HAMSW
  • emghemgh Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@HAMSW said:

Have you actually looked at the respective plans? You could get MXRoute at $30 for 3 years (https://accounts.mxroute.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=251) and if i understand mail.baby's pricing correctly you'd be looking at a staggering $1.60/m. Is that cost cutting really worth the hassle of being discriminated against by pretty much any major email provider? I mean your client might want to send emails to outlook and friends after all? Not mention all the hoops you'll need to jump through just make delivery at least somewhat work.

Or even $8 / yr at @NameCrane

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

After looking at your recommendations, email relaying will probably be a good idea from the start.

But still port 25 on the VPS will need to be open for emails to reach the relay server and being able to recieve/store emails on the VPS, right ?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm thinking I'm not understanding this properly.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • These relqy normally provide some kind of encryption and authentication.
    So no port 25;
    But 487 for TLS
    Or 465 for SSL

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • HAMSWHAMSW Member

@wedge1001 said:
    These relqy normally provide some kind of encryption and authentication.
    So no port 25;
    But 487 for TLS
    Or 465 for SSL

So it's possible to recieve mails through 487 and/or 465 ?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@HAMSW said:
    After looking at your recommendations, email relaying will probably be a good idea from the start.

But still port 25 on the VPS will need to be open for emails to reach the relay server and being able to recieve/store emails on the VPS, right ?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm thinking I'm not understanding this properly.

That's correct. (If you want your VPS to be able to receive email)

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • LuxvpsLuxvps Member, Host Rep

We have the following for 6.95€/Monthly:
    Storage Gen 2 Starter
    Config
    1 vCores
    4 GB RAM
    25 GB NVMe Raid 1
    1TB HDD Raid 10
    Networking
    2 Gbit Uplink | 5 TB Traffic
    1x IPv4
    1x /64 IPv6
    3.2Tbit DDoS Protection
    Extra
    24/7 Ticket Support
    4 Backups
    Order here

Mail ports can be unlocked after purchase by opening a ticket.

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • NUXOANUXOA Member, Patron Provider

Hi, you can configure one with instant setup here:
    https://manager.nuxoa.de/en/configure/62

If you need a special rate, drop us a PM.

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • HAMSWHAMSW Member

@NUXOA said:
    Hi, you can configure one with instant setup here:
    https://manager.nuxoa.de/en/configure/62

If you need a special rate, drop us a PM.

Hello, thanks but your offer but it's NVMe only, was looking for HDD/SAS

• keoirkeoir Member, Host Rep

Over at @DartNode you can request SMTP to be enabled with justification :smile:

We have plans starting at $2/ Month, for the disk size you may be better off doing one of our warehouse deal dedis!

VPS Plans:
    https://dartnode.com/vps

i5-8500T | 32 GB DDR4 | 1TB NVMe | 1Gbps Unmetered (NO IPMI) for $49.99/ Month
    https://dartnode.com/warehouse-deals

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • unsafetypinunsafetypin Member
    edited June 20

i really recommend @jar MXroute if you're not sending spam or unsolicited.

Not a VPS but an email provider.

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • for business, use business email like google workspace, office365 and if you need to save I suggest zoho mail. it's very hard handle an email service for business.

Thanked by 1HAMSW